Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Get 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it'

Get 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it'

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Dell Inspiron 3585

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 21H1

My Question or Issue

Started getting 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it' message for all files yesterday. Works OK on iPhone. Tried reinstall. Tried log out, restart, log in. Tried deleting local-files.bnk from AppData. Tried turning off hardware acceleration. What next?

5 Replies

Hi there @praven68,

Thanks for your post.

Can you let us know if you're experiencing this issue both on the Web player and Desktop app?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I get this issue with every song I attempt to play on the desktop app which makes it unusable. Web player works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times fully clean. I have no idea why this is happening. It was just suddenly starting to do that while I was attempting to stream. It Ruined my intro for that stream...

Spotify_ERROR.png

Yes, I had the problem with both but it turned out to be an issue with the Focusrite Scarlett Solo I use. Uninstalled it and reinstalled and OK now.

Hey @wifininja,

Thanks for posting here.

In case you're using the app from our website, you can try downloading it from the Microsoft store to see if that changes anything.

It's also a good idea to try the steps @praven68 mentioned to see if that helps.

We'd suggest you also try running the app as an administrator. Does that make a difference?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts