Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Solved!

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Hey everyone,

Following on from our previous thread on 0.8.8, we've started up this thread to gather feedback from you on 0.9.0.

We want to hear what you love, what you hate, and any other emotions you have towards the app.

You'll find a list of everything that's changed in the app in our release notes hereAnd we'll be keeping this post updated with the changes we're making, along with where you can give us further feedback.

What we've changed:

1. The app should be a lot quicker now. So if you were affected by any slow behaviour previously, this shouldn't be an issue any more.

2. Clicking anywhere in the Now Playing box, rather than just the album art, will bring you straight to the song. This was reported here.

Where you can give us further feedback with your comments and kudos:

1. Change the white interface [we're currently reaching to users about this directly]

2. Changes to the activity feed -

i. Bring back the old activity feed

ii. The Favourites feature

iii.Greater control of content in the feed: 

3. Bring back the total playlst length:

4. Filter option on artist pages

5. Go back to the old artist layout 

6. Ability to view all Facebook friends in the Follow tab:

7. View all playlist followers

8. Block/Remove followers 

9. Separate artists and friends

10. Remove 'who to follow'

11. Revert the font back to the original size (or provide an option to do so)

12. Restore 'View as Album List'

Thanks for all your support. We appreciate that there are a lot of changes going on at the moment and it can be a bumpy road at times. But we're confident that you'll like where we're going.

All your opinions matter and go into making Spotify the best product it can be. Keep it coming!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
920 Replies

@maltest wrote:

Spotify is swedish garbage just like ikea.

At least at Ikea if you buy a table you get a table, even though the quality's not great. If Ikea was like Spotify, all their tables would be full of splinters and have one leg an inch shorter than the others and have paint that's toxic to children and pets. Yes, technically they would still be tables but in reality the flaws would render them virtually unusable.

In case anyone hasn't heard -

Google launched their competitor to Spotify yesterday. Spread the word, pray it's usable, and then we can finally give Spotify what they've been asking for. Because at this point their behavior seems to be pretty much begging customers to dump them.

Finally found a version that still works , try 087111 if u havent, the fix still works on that ...........

Hi everyone,

We're aware that Spotify version 0.8.5 is crashing for some users. We've taken a look at the cases and it seems we have two groups of folks experiencing the issue. 

The first group is composed of folks running Mac 10.5. We suspect some users who installed version 0.8.5. from our site are having new problems and we're currently investigating the cause. Please check this thread for updates

The second group are folks composed of users who are not running Mac 10.5. Previously, we offered version 0.8.5. specifically because the legacy version was more stable Mac 10.5. However, we can't promise that the legacy version will function properly on newer, officially supported operating systems.

If you fall into the demographic of folks that personally prefer version 0.8.5. due to design or feature reasons, please know that we're listening to your feedback over here. Spotify recommends that you only use versions of Spotify hosted on Spotify.com

Thanks for escalating this issue with OS X 10.5. We'll update you shortly

I am quite happily back to using 0.6.5 (circa 2011) again thank you. What a simply terrific piece of software. No lag and positively responsive. Unlike the garbage that has been imposed upon your customers in recent times. I don't what has happened to your company recently. Has it had a lobotomy? 

I assume that means, "Use the new **bleep**ty version, cause we're going to keep crashing 0.8.5" , in which case, I'll go ahead and cancel my subscription now.

I'm starting to get really irritated with this bull****. I've been a premium subscriber since 2010 and according to the receipts page have poured ~320 € into your service. This ends now! I've just installed Rdio and will cancel my Spotify subscription after sending this message.

I highly recommend others to do the same. The UI is still white and web based but at least it's sleek and responsive unlike the new Spotify UI. The mobile/desktop integration is a plus and there is nothing wrong with the sound quality on my Genelec studio monitors. And as an added bonus they have Pink Floyd and haven't tried to take a piss on my face...

Meredith wrote:

<snip>

we can't promise that the legacy version will function properly on newer, officially supported operating systems.

If you fall into the demographic of folks that personally prefer version 0.8.5. due to design or feature reasons, please know that we're listening to your feedback over here.

Meredith, you haven't yet listened to ANY of our feedback and we haven't seen the broken features restored.  What we HAVE seen is poorly coded bloatware that is problematic for nearly everyone. 

What makes you think we believe you when you say you're listening now?

@SinkingShip wrote:

I'm starting to get really irritated with this bull****. I've been a premium subscriber since 2010 and according to the receipts page have poured ~320 € into your service. This ends now! I've just installed Rdio and will cancel my Spotify subscription after sending this message.

I highly recommend others to do the same. The UI is still white and web based but at least it's sleek and responsive unlike the new Spotify UI. The mobile/desktop integration is a plus and there is nothing wrong with the sound quality on my Genelec studio monitors. And as an added bonus they have Pink Floyd and haven't tried to take a piss on my face...

I'm happily using RDIO for the last few weeks having cancelled my Spotify Premium Subscription. http://resp.in is great for transferring playlists, and Stylish for Google Chrome has a nice dark gray skin for the RDIO web player - which is rock solid, and doesn't consume more than about 30MB of memory (even though I've had the tab open for about 2 weeks solid in Chrome). I haven't seen a single advertisment on RDIO since I joined up - which is incredibly refreshing.

@AbsolutelyNoFB wrote:

@Stupify

Thanks! I should have remembered, whenever there is a problem, just keep going back in time and upgrading Spotify to an older version... fixes it.

So far so good with the v0.6.5.2 client. If anyone else wants to try this, go to Filehorse to get the old client. It installs just fine over v0.8.5 as far as I can tell.

Thank you!!! I was using 0.8.5 and it was of course crashing on me, so I tried to reinstall it, going slightly further back (0.8.3 I think) but no luck.  I was just about to give up and let it install 0.9 but I refuse to pay for it in its current unusable state, so I was going to cancel my subscription and send Spotify a message letting them know they lost another paying customer.  But I'm now very happy again being back on an old version.  I do really hope they fix the speed/interface problems but my level of optimism is not high.  It's really sad that people prefer to have a version from 2011 over the current version.  Spotify has you to thank for still getting my money for a while, only for the purpose of avoiding their annoying ads.

From your picture, "A new version of Spotify is available (0.9.0.133).  Click here to download."   Hahahahahahaha yeah, right, no thanks!

After V 8.5 crashed over and over I tried V 8.7 and it works fine. V 6 wouldn't install on my Win 8 machine. If I can hang on to V 8.7 I may just stick around. I subscribed to Google's service but sadly there's no iPhone app. At least I can still take Spotify along with me while away from the house. 

For a long time it was a running joke between me and my partner that whenever the update bar appeared at the top of Spotify we'd say "Oh God, what are they breaking now?" I've never viewed program updates with such dread before. My version 0.6.5 is still running wonderfully, and I'm simply pondering what service to switch to once Spotify make it so we're unable to use older versions, something I fully expect them to do. 

There is a small issue with that version of spotify, this is the version that spotify started either to ignore View as album list, or messed up the code of that option. When the user shuts down fully the app does not keep the setting in playlists to view as album list., the user has to set this manually each and every time they wish to see album covers in their playlists. Other than that small issue this version seems to work fine. I have no clue why version 0.8.5.1333 is acting screwy just tried that version again about 30 minutes ago, that app version will not stay connected to the spotify service and shuts down completely. I am not sure if windows 7 logs spotify when it improperly crashes or shuts down randomly. I am currently staying with the app 0.6.5.2 version, though it has it's own small issue. This app version forgets where the user stopped at in a playlist, and alway opens at the whats new spot in the app. So I guess it comes down to which issue one wishes to deal with, the horrid newer version with all kinds of options missing, to an older different app versions with little quirks everywhere. But at least version 0.6.5.2 seems to be before the web elements started being introduced, and there is no way to see who is subscribed to your playlists in this app version, but the facebook activity feed seems to work fine, weird software development here.

I've just finished up migrating to Rhapsody from Spotify. Rhapsody's software is old but it works well for me and they plan to launch a new one in coming months. Or I can always use Windows Media Player since the downloaded tracks are PlayForSure. Plus they actually have more of my favorite music than Spotify. Only thing they don't have is the community, but that's not high on the priority list for me.

@Rollo_ wrote:
Meredith wrote:

<snip>

we can't promise that the legacy version will function properly on newer, officially supported operating systems.

If you fall into the demographic of folks that personally prefer version 0.8.5. due to design or feature reasons, please know that we're listening to your feedback over here.

Meredith, you haven't yet listened to ANY of our feedback and we haven't seen the broken features restored.  What we HAVE seen is poorly coded bloatware that is problematic for nearly everyone. 

What makes you think we believe you when you say you're listening now?

These are my thoughts exactly. At this rate, I may never use Spotify on my netbook again one of these days, and I may have to just use somethng that scrobbles straight from Windows Media Player.

Pretty upset here too. I'm "unlimited" user, and I want to be able to use 0.8.5.

Version 0.6 lacks search features. Now i have to use 0.9 and I do not like it. Too many annoyances/features no longer working.

I'm now considering moving to Rdio. And now I know there's a way to migrate playlists, thanks

@knightwhosayni wrote:

Pretty upset here too. I'm "unlimited" user, and I want to be able to use 0.8.5.

Version 0.6 lacks search features. Now i have to use 0.9 and I do not like it. Too many annoyances/features no longer working.

I'm now considering moving to Rdio. And now I know there's a way to migrate playlists, thanks

Do yourself a favor and use the v0.8.7 fix mentioned in the thread about v0.8.5 crashing/closing down upon startup before you jet. You won't be disappointed.

Bug with ALBUM COVERS they don't show up over 50% of the time, when I look in my playlists, so sad. I like the visual part a lot...

It must very soon be time for updates that adress all the issues stated in this thread - S P O T I F Y?!?!

make my listening experience good again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

version 9.0.133

(premium)

looks like version 0.8.7 is working for a lot of people. Does anyone have a link for that version?

@SevenL wrote:

I've never viewed program updates with such dread before.

This is so true. In any other case if I found out one of my favourite most-used applications had a new update I would be excited about the improvements, with Spotify the only anticipation I have is in the form of "What have they screwed up this time?"

For all its flaws even Windows 8 has a few redeeming qualities.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

Suggested posts