Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Solved!

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Hey everyone,

Following on from our previous thread on 0.8.8, we've started up this thread to gather feedback from you on 0.9.0.

We want to hear what you love, what you hate, and any other emotions you have towards the app.

You'll find a list of everything that's changed in the app in our release notes hereAnd we'll be keeping this post updated with the changes we're making, along with where you can give us further feedback.

What we've changed:

1. The app should be a lot quicker now. So if you were affected by any slow behaviour previously, this shouldn't be an issue any more.

2. Clicking anywhere in the Now Playing box, rather than just the album art, will bring you straight to the song. This was reported here.

Where you can give us further feedback with your comments and kudos:

1. Change the white interface [we're currently reaching to users about this directly]

2. Changes to the activity feed -

i. Bring back the old activity feed

ii. The Favourites feature

iii.Greater control of content in the feed: 

3. Bring back the total playlst length:

4. Filter option on artist pages

5. Go back to the old artist layout 

6. Ability to view all Facebook friends in the Follow tab:

7. View all playlist followers

8. Block/Remove followers 

9. Separate artists and friends

10. Remove 'who to follow'

11. Revert the font back to the original size (or provide an option to do so)

12. Restore 'View as Album List'

Thanks for all your support. We appreciate that there are a lot of changes going on at the moment and it can be a bumpy road at times. But we're confident that you'll like where we're going.

All your opinions matter and go into making Spotify the best product it can be. Keep it coming!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
920 Replies

Bug!!!

bug.png

Popularity bar is missed almost from everywhere!

Hello, just wondering why album view was suddenly taken out?  I can no longer view by album.  The keyboard shortcut used to be command + G...now it does nothing.  

Also, I think as of the last version, on a mac at least, the desktop app does not hold my perferences.  I always have to re-sort my playlists.  For the longest time, it would keep it sorted how I last left it.  This happens on 3 other computers as well, so it's not just my main desktop.  

Please fix!

I think BigKev57's assessment is spot on (no pun intended).  The Spotify team doesn't seem genuinely interested in moving back to the 0.8.5 version's appearance and feature set despite their claims of wanting more feedback.  Really, how much more "horrible update" feedback do you need?

My guess is their end goal is to come out with a single web-only version that can be easily updated regardless of the language. With millions of users, they can afford to lose a few hundred thousand.  Most current users will likely stay even if the UI continues to get worse and the features continue to disappear.

If people were leaving in droves, we wouldn't see more and more changes away from 0.8.5.  The revenue must still be good.

I just updated today and now Spotify immediately crashes 10 seconds after opening... What should I do?

Join the rage brigade!

Close it, try to reopen it again, if it still crashes, reinstall and hope.

Opened Spotify for use for the first time today. Noticing right off the bat that most songs (for me at least) are stopping like 2 or 3 seconds in. They do start playing again after about 5 to 10 seconds. Still incredibly annoying though lol.

Spotfiy staff, you cannot possibly tell me with any confidence that Spotfiy right now is better than 0.8.5. You cannot. 

Did you not feel any shame at all when you even had to make a list of the top 10 complaints in the original post? Do you care about us, Spotify? 

Those being annoyed, even shocked, because of the removal of the album artwork and cover feature in latest 0.9 update, please consider voting and/or adding comments in 'Ideas - Please restore View as Album List feature'

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Please-restore-View-as-Album-List-feature/idi-p/368022

Unbreak the offline mode (everything was fine, patch, "this device is not authorised)

Unbreak the cache location setting (again, everything was fine, patch, cache location keeps resetting the default location)

Stop messing with stupid things and give us features we ask for (single track repeat for example)

I can't even listen to Spotify on my Windows computer because the tracks freeze (to load? buffer?) every five seconds. This paired with the fact that on my iPod touch 4g, Spotify only plays for 1-2 hours before turning itself off means that I'll be taking my $10 to Rdio if these issues aren't fixed.

Also, the new interface lags like hell on a decent computer. Slim it down so it doesn't have to take a five second breather every time I go to play a song. I am not satisfied with this service anymore.

I was very dissappointed since Spotify just came to my country.

The client for mac is super slow; Navigating playlists are very jumpy and what worse is that spotify even slowing down my mac.

I dont think this will be fixed soon, sadly its been like few days in trial that I think Im going back to iTunes and the other service.

Your update is buggy as crap. To name only the things that prevent the service from working...

• Songs stop playing partway through and may or may not actually continue or work without changing the track.
  • Sometimes a new song starts and there's just no sound. Restarting the track fixes it.
  • On my desktop PC, the last update just completely killed it. Couldn't connect, couldn't get playlists, nothing

Fix these issues first. I've been a paying customer on highest tier since I had the chance to be a paying customer. It's been worth it, but I won't keep paying for long if these issues aren't fixed or if you stop the old 0.8.5 client from functioning.

Thank you very much BigKev57!

Impossible using spotify. I can listen one playlist but i cant add music, search music and do anything else because is very slow. Same problem in home with mac os x and at work with windows 7. I think this problem only happens with people with large playlists. Fix it Spotify, I will cancel my subscripion

Proxy settings as far as apps are concerned are broken in the last version (0.9.0.128), as attested by users in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Mac-Windows-0-9-0-128-Apps-can-t-connect-...

Thanks for fixing this.

Follow me

After the second horrible update, I decided to revert to version 0.8.5. Took only 2 minutes and I didn't lose any of my downloaded playlists.

Another user put together a how-to guide for Mac users: revert to spotify 0.8.5 on mac - please give him kudos!

And here are the two required files to stop Spotify from auto-updating (you can't use Textedit to create them): http://www.speedyshare.com/ru4Hz/Spotify-new.zip

No more bold fonts, no white backgrounds, no wasted space. Just the good old Spotify we all seem to love.

I've updated the original post with links to the font size and 'view as album' list Idea threads. Please pop over there and give your feedback and kudos so we can demonstrate the support for these.

Thanks, and if you feel anything else needs adding to the post just let me know.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Sorting by date added while viewing a playlist folder no longer works.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Windows-Added-date-not-showing-while-view...

I found another bug in this release:

Press ctrl-l to go to "search". Search for a band. Use keyboard to go down the list to the "artist" section and press enter. This now performs a free search, and does not take you to that artist. It does work if you use the mouse though.

An absolutely horrible update.

I am getting more and more unsatisfied with Spotify. Bands are removed all the time without an explanation, new features just keep making the client worse, necessary features aren't being implemented. And what I find most mind-boggling in all of this: You remove the feature to view as album list, and then refer those who want it back to an IDEA thread? Are you serious? This feature has been available since when? How about you next remove Apps and then ask people if they really want them back? That's just grotesque.

Also, most of the darn problems with all these updates could easily be solved if you turned your Preferences into more than a rudimentary control of only the most basic functions of the client. You know, include an option for font size and spacing. Or what about an option to permanently view playlists as album list? Background colour? Layout? Is it really that important to you to force your grey and green scheme on your subscribers?

Also, why on earth isn't it possible to sort a playlist by artist name and then rearrange it individually? Every media player can do this, why can't you?

I am virtually inches away from cancelling my premium and looking for other options because this simply isnt appropriate product care.

Suggested posts