Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Double radio stations appearing?

I made a radio station but when it appeared it appeared twice. I am able to delete one but not the other. When I click on the one I can't delete it just goes into an infinite loading cycle. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

• Casual Listener
  • I made a radio station but when it appeared it appeared twice. I am able to delete one but not the other. When I click on the one I can't delete it just goes into an infinite loading cycle. Anyone ha...
  • Darthvoider
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find a playlist I know an artist has created.

A few weeks ago I saw that Josh Pyke had created a playlist and I foolishly didn't follow it, thinking I could find it again by going back to his artist page, but it's not there. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • A few weeks ago I saw that Josh Pyke had created a playlist and I foolishly didn't follow it, thinking I could find it again by going back to his artist page, but it's not there. Any ideas?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline files from an external hard drive

I have my mp3 collection on an external hard drive. Some of these files are included in my offline playlists - those I listen most often. However, if the hard drive isn't connected, Spotify still tries to access those mp3s from the drive, not from th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my mp3 collection on an external hard drive. Some of these files are included in my offline playlists - those I listen most often.    However, if the hard drive isn't connected, ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble launching desktop Spotify

I have had Spotify for sometime now. I used the web palyer for quite a bit, but I have always been a fan of the desktop version. I was logged out of the desktop version and now I cannot log back in. I have tried using my facebook information, but tha...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had Spotify for sometime now. I used the web palyer for quite a bit, but I have always been a fan of the desktop version. I was logged out of the desktop version and now  I cannot log bac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing shortly after launch, then becomes unkillable task. (Win7)

I have been having this problem for sometime now, on multiple updates. It is quite random though, meaning that it doesn't always happen. Basically Spotify will start up like normal and it will allow me to play music for about a minute then the music ...

• Regular
  • I have been having this problem for sometime now, on multiple updates. It is quite random though, meaning that it doesn't always happen. Basically Spotify will start up like normal and it will allow ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared Songs with the Public

Hi Guys, I meant to send a song to a friend and it contained a long message I didnt want the public seeing. I know you can't delete it but it still sits atop the "discover" page a week later. I really want this gone. Can anyone help me? I deleted it ...

• Hi Guys, I meant to send a song to a friend and it contained a long message I didnt want the public seeing. I know you can't delete it but it still sits atop the "discover" page a week later. I r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlists still visible on profile.

I have 4 visible playlist on my profile that has been deleted a while ago, but they are still available for everyone to see, and I can't re-delete them. I read some posts and I saw that you re-assigned the playlist to the user so he could re-delete t...

• I have 4 visible playlist on my profile that has been deleted a while ago, but they are still available for everyone to see, and I can't re-delete them. I read some posts and I saw that you re-assign...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly low volume after updatie

I've never had this problem before, until the last update. When I switch albums, the volume starts off WAY too LOW. To fix the issue I have to click - without sliding - the volume bar, and the volume returns to normal. Kinda annoying, but not as anno...

• Casual Listener
  • I've never had this problem before, until the last update. When I switch albums, the volume starts off WAY too LOW. To fix the issue I have to click - without sliding - the volume bar, and the volume...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play one particular album

I'm having a very odd problem. I am unable to play Dream Theater's 2013 album called Dream Theater on the desktop application. Everything else I've tried plays fine. I am also able to listen to that album on the web player and the iPhone app. Also, t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a very odd problem. I am unable to play Dream Theater's 2013 album called Dream Theater on the desktop application. Everything else I've tried plays fine. I am also able to listen to that ...
  • tohoq
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Import music

It's pretty simple. Nothing happens when I drag the m4a files, or whatever, over to spotify or when I specifcy the folder under preferences. I've tried reinstalling with no success. I'm using win 8.1 on a surface pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • It's pretty simple. Nothing happens when I drag the m4a files, or whatever, over to spotify or when I specifcy the folder under preferences. I've tried reinstalling with no success. I'm using win 8.1...
  • Crasmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Hi all, just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8 Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nicer on the eyes, but for whatever reason all the text has...

• Roadie
  • Hi all, just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8 Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nice...
  • maharv23
  • 81 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 81 replies
  • 2 likes

Local tracks duplicates

hi everyone, hope you guys can help me.I have uploaded a couple of local tracks (mp3 I have on my laptop) on spotify. Each track is like 4min long but, when uploaded onto spotify, each single track becomes 30min long, since the song is repeated like ...

• Regular
  • hi everyone, hope you guys can help me. I have uploaded a couple of local tracks (mp3 I have on my laptop) on spotify. Each track is like 4min long but, when uploaded onto spotify, each single track...
  • crilla
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why!

Why was my music interrupted for an advert for heating controls. I don't pay for adverts.

• Why was my music interrupted for an advert for heating controls. I don't pay for adverts.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot open any Spotify App - Error: Spotify failed to load application feed

Hello, I have purchased the premium account yesterday.Unfortunately since the last update, I cannot open any App within Spotify, everytime the same error (see attached screen). I have reinstalled Spotify twice like described on spotify.com help. I am...

Capture.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have purchased the premium account yesterday. Unfortunately since the last update, I cannot open any App within Spotify, everytime the same error (see attached screen).   I ...
  • santyjazz2
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No freed space when I unsubscribed to playlist

Hi, I have some playlists that I made available offline, I need to free disk space, I don't know how to delete the musics that I've made available offlien so what I did is I unsubscribed to that playlist thinking that it will recover some free space ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have some playlists that I made available offline, I need to free disk space, I don't know how to delete the musics that I've made available offlien so what I did is I unsubscribed t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing albums to PC

Is it possible to sync albums I've saved into my music with my PC so I can play them when I'm not on-line? I can do it with playlists by toggling the 'available offline' options but can't see the button for albums. Than ks

• Regular
  • Is it possible to sync albums I've saved into my music with my PC so I can play them when I'm not on-line?  I can do it with playlists by toggling the 'available offline' options but can't see t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update makes it difficult to list all the tracks for an artist. Update spoils Spotify.

Spotify has now updated on my computers, even though I did not request it. Spotify used to be brilliant. You used to be able to quickly list all the tracks by a particular artist or band and these would be presented to you in order of popularity. The...

• Spotify has now updated on my computers, even though I did not request it. Spotify used to be brilliant. You used to be able to quickly list all the tracks by a particular artist or band and the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local FIles

spotify wont stop trying to sync local files I now have 22 files of the same songs in locall files Help please

• spotify wont stop trying to sync local files I now have 22 files of the same songs in locall files Help please   
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Page Layout breaks below a certain size

When you reduce the central area to below 610 pixels wide, the layout breaks for Recommended Stations and Your Stations. The boxes for each station become random sizes (might be related to the resolution of the album art). This is happening on v0.9.8...

badlayout.png
  • When you reduce the central area to below 610 pixels wide, the layout breaks for Recommended Stations and Your Stations. The boxes for each station become random sizes (might be related to the resolu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Find unavailable tracks

Does anybody know of a way to search for all unavailable tracks. Last time I updated Spotify some of my previously available tracks has become unavailable. For example, the track "Keith Don't Go" by Nils Lofgren, on the album "Acoustic Live" has beco...

• Does anybody know of a way to search for all unavailable tracks. Last time I updated Spotify some of my previously available tracks has become unavailable. For example, the track "Keith Don't Go"...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes