Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

how to substitute a local files playlist with stream version?

hello, i had a big playlist in itunes and used spotify to play those local files. recently my computer died... so i lost all of my local files, but in stotify i still have the playlists for all of those files, the problem is that the files are no lon...

• Regular
  • hello,   i had a big playlist in itunes and used spotify to play those local files.   recently my computer died... so i lost all of my local files, but in stotify i still have the p...
  • fbonito
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is it taking so long to fix common issues with radio?

It seems like the thumbs-down-forgeting issue on songs coming up from radio, as well as the issue of like-forgetting have been problems for several months, or even longer than a year. Why is it taking so long for these to get fixed, since it doesn't ...

• It seems like the thumbs-down-forgeting issue on songs coming up from radio, as well as the issue of like-forgetting have been problems for several months, or even longer than a year.  Why is it...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred songs disappearing - please help!

Hi! I just purchased spotify premium and made new account for it. Now i kind of have 2 accounts and when i connected the new one to the Facebook, Im losing all my starred songs. So at the moment, every time i logout from spotify and log back in, all ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I just purchased spotify premium and made new account for it. Now i kind of have 2 accounts and when i connected the new one to the Facebook, Im losing all my starred songs.   So at the ...
  • Fockhammer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random songs does not playing

Hi, i have problem with playing music, one week ago i could play this song. Now i can not. I have removed CACHE files, reinstalled player and still nothing. I have noticed that more often I can not play songs. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i have problem with playing music, one week ago i could play this song. Now i can not. I have removed CACHE files, reinstalled player and still nothing. I have noticed that more o...
  • wandrzejczak
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I delete music from free spotify account

I joined spotify a few years a go, and since then my taste in music has changed. How do I delete or remove songs and albums I've starred or liked on spotify from my account. ive already erased songs from my computer and playlist.

• I joined spotify a few years a go, and since then my taste in music has changed. How do I delete or remove songs and albums I've starred or liked on spotify from my account. ive already erased songs ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity feed showing songs from months ago.

I was talking to a friend on skype the other day and she told me she wanted me to listen to a particular song she was listening to, so naturally i'd look on my activity feed and asked her if it was the song that was showing up there, and she said no,...

• I was talking to a friend on skype the other day and she told me she wanted me to listen to a particular song she was listening to, so naturally i'd look on my activity feed and asked her if it was t...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

stopping and starting

songs are stopping and starting every 30 seconds. I have been a premium member for 6 plus months and have never had this problem before now as of one hour ago. Any help would be appreciated

• Roadie
  • songs are stopping and starting every 30 seconds.  I have been a premium member for 6 plus months and have never had this problem before now as of one hour ago.  Any help would be appreciat...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

Hi, I cannot use Spotify at all (!) because when I log-in, my Spotify tells me that "You will shortly get an SMS with a password code to log in". Then I receive the SMS but cannot find any place where to insert the password. The user interface tells ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I cannot use Spotify at all (!) because when I log-in, my Spotify tells me that "You will shortly get an SMS with a password code to log in". Then I receive the SMS but cannot fin...
  • Basileios3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist specific

Spotify will play my radio but whenever a Schoolboy Q comes up it will not play it, it will play anyone but him. Even if i go to him specifically and try to just play his tracks spotify wont do it. any ideas for a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify will play my radio but whenever a Schoolboy Q comes up it will not play it, it will play anyone but him.  Even if i go to him specifically and try to just play his tracks spotify wont do...
  • natecrizzle
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Motörhead - The World is Ours Vol. 2

Die Liedtitel in diesem Album sind vermischt. Beispielsweise sind die Titel "Rock out" und "One Night Stand" vertauscht.

• Casual Listener
  • Die Liedtitel in diesem Album sind vermischt. Beispielsweise sind die Titel "Rock out" und "One Night Stand" vertauscht.    
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strangest Radio songs

I think this has to be one of the strangest radio choices spotify has served up yet. Starting a Brian Adams radio station (summer of 69) four tracks later and it's playing "Doctor Jones" by aqua. hummm Needless to say it was thumbs down. On a serious...

• Roadie
  • I think this has to be one of the strangest radio choices spotify has served up yet. Starting a Brian Adams radio station (summer of 69) four tracks later and it's playing "Doctor Jones" by aqua. hum...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify slows down the PC, CPU load issue

I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parallel, taking that much ressources is not acceptable. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parall...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to check which playlist does the song belongs to?

In iTunes, there is a "Show in Playlist" option in which we can find out which playlist is the song in. Is there a way to do this in Spotify Desktop? Thanks in advance for all the help!

• Casual Listener
  • In iTunes, there is a "Show in Playlist" option in which we can find out which playlist is the song in.   Is there a way to do this in Spotify Desktop?   Thanks in advance for ...
  • eddyjs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing playlist with premium trial

Hi all ! I'm what you could call "new " to spotify, and I was wondering if you could sync your playlists to use them offline with a Spotify Premium Trail account. If yes, will the playlist stay synced (ie: refreshed every time you add a song or go on...

• Hi all !   I'm what you could call "new " to spotify, and I was wondering if you could sync your playlists to use them offline with a Spotify Premium Trail account. If yes, will the playlist...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade not working or am I doing it wrong?

I do not have gapless playback on when crossfade is activated, i have turned it off and restarted Spotify, i have tried changing the time to crossfade and it does not work either, i have tried all i know! It worked fine an hour ago! And now when i ad...

• Gig Goer
  • I do not have gapless playback on when crossfade is activated, i have turned it off and restarted Spotify, i have tried changing the time to crossfade and it does not work either, i have tried all i ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Want a lightweight Spotify player?

Try SpotiAmp. Based on the WinAmp interface, its very basic, but it will play from all your playlists. VERY low resource usage, both in terms of CPU and memory. No browsing of artists, but includes a search that can be used for artists or song/album ...

• Roadie
  • Try SpotiAmp.    Based on the WinAmp interface, its very basic, but it will play from all your playlists.  VERY low resource usage, both in terms of CPU and memory.  No browsi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Related artists gone on Windows Desktop Application

Can see this has been reported for Andriod but want to make sure it is reported for the Desktop and Web Versions too!!!! It's across the board the fact that Spotify has lost the "Related Artists" link. I have fouind it its a generally unknown band th...

• Regular
  • Can see this has been reported for Andriod but want to make sure it is reported for the Desktop and Web Versions too!!!!  It's across the board the fact that Spotify has lost the "Related Artist...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 0.9.8 update doesn't work

Hi, I used Spotify on one computer of me yesterday, and followed the notification to restart spotify, to install the new update. Now I have the newest version (0.9.8.15) of Spotify on this computer. Now I just wanted to update Spotify on my other com...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I used Spotify on one computer of me yesterday, and followed  the notification to restart spotify, to install the new update. Now I have the newest version (0.9.8.15) of Spoti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show top list

Hey guys, need a little help here! My spotify have stopped showing me the content of the top list - all other playlists works fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Screenshot: Hope someone can help me out

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, need a little help here! My spotify have stopped showing me the content of the top list - all other playlists works fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Screenshot:      ...
  • ani-head
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

:ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0YOzRK:ref

Hello, Below is my original email to Spotify: Hello,I clicked on the Album: "Terri Clark" by Terri Clark to play the album, but the Album cover for: "Greatest Hits" by Terri Clark comes up instead of the one for: "Terri Clark"! The same thing happene...

• Roadie
  • Hello, Below is my original email to Spotify:     Hello, I clicked on the Album: "Terri Clark" by Terri Clark to play the album, but the Album cover for: "Greatest Hits" by Terri C...
  • Groffeaston
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes