Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Has the option to play songs in a folder removed?

Has the option to play songs in a folder removed?

Plan

Free

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

(Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to play songs in a folder. Well, songs in playlists in a folder. I have a folder wich contains my whole library. Now that I select the folder, the whole section of the application where I should see the playlists and Play-button etc. is black. I tried restarting the application and it didn't change anything. Is this just another feature that has been removed for some reason or is it a bug?

3 Replies

Hello.

Hope you are having a nice day.

As it seems you may have a problem with the application itself. Try restarting your device and trying again.  And if possible could you attach a picture of the problem itself.

I am having the same issue. Any folder which contains a folder won't even load the screen. It's just blank.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and it still doesn't work.

I have the same issue and it seems that it happens when you have a folder with subfolders.

My structure is 

• Folder with all my playlists  => black screen displayed 
    • Playlist 1
    • Playlist 2
    • Sub folder => play button + list of playlists displayed
      • Other playlist
      • And a other one

When I add in Sub folder another folder than the subfolder also only display the black screen.

Let's take the above structure 

• Folder with all my playlists  => black screen displayed 
    • Playlist 1
    • Playlist 2
    • Sub folder > black screen displayed 
      • Other playlist
      • Extra subfolder => play button + list of playlists displayed
        • playlist in extra subfolder

This is clearly a bug so I hope that this will be fixed very fast.

Working with a folder containing all playlists was the only way to play/shuffel all numbers of all playlists.  This was a workaround a lot of us had to use after Spotify decided to remove this kind of function a few years ago!

Suggested posts