Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

High ram usage

High ram usage

Why spotify app uses 700-800 MB of ram ? Is that ok? If thats ok may be I should buy a separate computer just for spotify so I can work comfortably

1 Reply

.. And that's not all. When you explore in the world of music, search, add to que / playlist, back and forth n+1 times, Spotify eats more and more memory. It never release it. At some point: FLUFF! White bang, when the application crashes (the system memory is full or something) and then Spotify is scrambled like a puzzle. Somebody asked it with a screenshot and this is one of the reasons: out of memory.

You can reproduce this by making searches, add to something (que, playlist..). Just jump here and there: artist, album, playlist.. whatever. That's enough when surfing with forward / back buttons in application or with mouse. More memory is used in every step. At some point Spotify response will get slower, then smash the buttons even faster. This is not tested at all. My solution to this has been log out, restart Spotify, log in at least once / day. That's annoying!

Now my Spotify is using 1.4 Gb memory, when at fresh start it is something like 250 Mb.

Suggested posts