Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home, Search, Playlist navigation greyed out (desktop)

Home, Search, Playlist navigation greyed out (desktop)

Plan: Premium

Device: Dell XPS 13

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue 

First noticed this over the weekend. Various menu elements of the navigation menu are greyed out. I've restarted my computer and closed and restarted the desktop app. I can use the greyed out elements, but they're hard to see, and it's not consistent. If I'm working or doing something in another app and then go back to Spotify, sometimes the same elements are grey but sometimes they're different; the only consistency is for the past few days some portion of the left menu is grey. Right now, the only non-greyed items are "Your Library" and the "Playlists" though all the actual playlists and search are grey. However, the functionality seems to be intact. I can search, and I can play a playlist if I can select it.

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

latest_spotifysnafu_03162021.PNG
6 Replies

Hey there @lolo341

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try logging into your account using the web player to see if you can replicate it?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for responding. Oddly enough, it resolved on its own the day after I posted this, so I never had the chance to enact your advice. However, I will keep a clean reinstall in my arsenal of tricks for the future. You're right--I never think of that, and now I will.

Hey @lolo341

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing this issue. 

If you need us again, you know where to find us. 

Have a great day 🙂 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Mine does this too! It doesn't affect functionality, only makes the app looks odd. I'm not seeing any pattern that may be causing it. A restart of the app fixes it but it will come back later. 

I'm also on Windows 10 running the Microsoft Store app.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 142948.png

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

Could you run a clean reinstall of the app, like described here and tell us if the issue comes back.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the swift reply. Doing that! I will report if the problem comes back.

Suggested posts