Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change the Discover Weekly playlist?

How do I change the Discover Weekly playlist?

Hi there! I'm a little annoyed by the Discover Weekly playlist currently. At night, when I'm sleeping i have my instrumental playlist I made on all night (it helps me sleep) I have a few other playlists that are completely different, with songs with actual lyrics in them, but Discover Weekly only plays boring instrumentals. It used to play normal songs a while ago (even when my instrumental playlist existed) but now it doesn't. I deleted most of the songs off of the playlist I made last week, but nothing has changed. I've been using that dislike button (the one that says 'i dont like this artist/song') on every song on it, but again, nothing has changed. Do I have to delete my entire playlist or do I just save new songs? If any one could tell me that'd be great! 

1 Reply

Hi @helloitstaylor ! 🙂
I find that Discover Weekly will tailor itself around your heaviest listening history. If you are playing instrumentals for several hours versus your regular playlists it is likely reading this to find similar tastes.
A few suggestions I have:

Try offline mode (if Premium) when you are listening to your overnight list
Continue to downvote, upvote songs or save new ones to your library
Increase your listening on various other playlists 
I'm not sure if any of this will have the impact you are looking for, but might be worth a try. 🙂
Hope you have a great day!

Suggested posts