Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I disconnect Sonos?

How do I disconnect Sonos?

Hello,

I'm trying to disconnect a Sonos speaker, or make it so that pressing play on the speaker will not play my content when I am not listening on the speaker. However, I can't find any way to do this!

I can switch "listening on" but the speaker takes priority over my laptop whenever the play button on the speaker is pressed. I would like to control output devices through the laptop and not have the output device connect to my laptop and start playing when someone presses the play button on speaker, for example.

And I especially do not want to speaker to play my Spotify content when Spotify isn't running on my laptop. I want the connection to be completely severed.

Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

6 Replies

I just removed Sonos from my approved application page, hoping that that would solve this, but the connection persists.

Hey @Snollebol,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

To listen on a Sonos device, it's necessary to link the Spotify service with your Sonos account. It could be expected that when hitting the play button on your speaker, the device will try to find an app to complete the action and start playing your content in Spotify.

However,  as the action is made in the speaker directly and your Spotify service is just connected to the Sonos account, this behavior is controlled by the speaker or the Sonos app to manage the playback. It's possible that you need to contact them to report this issue.

Also, we'd recommend unlinking your Spotify account from Sonos to avoid this behavior with the steps of this article.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello! Thanks for your reply!

I don't have a Sonos account, nor do I use their software. I can connect to the speaker directly through the network via Spotify. I'm afraid that the issue lies elsewhere 😞

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

If you don't have a Sonos account connected to the speaker, it will only work via Bluetooth. If that's the case, try switching off the Bluetooth of your computer/ phone.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Thanks for your reply!

It is a LAN speaker, it does not work with Bluetooth.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your response here.

We're having difficulties understanding the particular setup you're using, as all Sonos speakers that we personally know of that allow for Spotify playback via the network - require a linked Spotify account and @OscarDC already gave the info how to unlink that above. 

If you're using another type of connection without the Sonos app or without Bluetooth, then you should best get in touch with Sonos for first hand information on how to manage the device.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts