Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

Solved!

How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

I noticed the "Your Daily Mix" lists that get presented to you when you use the cell phone app, but I don't see on the full desktop application on my laptop. Can someone tell me where I can find these when using the applicaiton on a Windows laptop?

Thanks,

103 Replies

Again, is it better to have the new daily mixes on the phone now, or not have them until support is added to all Spotify clients, including smart TVs, roku, etc?

Businesses which function like you are suggesting, large or small, fail.

Then why do we see so many other features rolled out simultaneously on multiple platforms by so many other companies? It's really not as uncommon as you seem to think to have new features available to everyone at once. I understand it's cheaper for Spotify to do it this way, but we're not paying to have them do things the cheapest way if it means having a lower quality of service. They have the money and the manpower to develop this on all platforms at once. There's just no excuse to roll it out on one at a time.

Spotify works for us, not the other way around. We're the ones who allow this company to exist by giving them our money, and as much as I enjoy seeing them succeed, I still expect to be given the best level of service for my money. Doing things this way isn't in the customers' best interest. Take my money, but don't put the bare minimum back into the company.

Exactly. I wasn't really getting bent out of shape over one feature. It's the way Spotify treats its users requests. They don't care what we explicitly want. They think they are geniuses who know what we want better than ourselves. I don't pay for Spotify to be an unfinished experiment, I pay in the hopes of getting what I want.

Music artists hate you. Musixmatch hates you. Your CRO hated you so bad that he left. No one wants to take you public because you are overvalued and your business model's sustainability is questionable. Whats left to keep inflating your ego? Your subscriber count? Not for long. Give users what they want and stop getting in your own way.

Who knew this feature and it's lack of access on the desktop version of Spotify would spark such passionate and informed debate. If only we could....nevermind. But I am glad. 

This is a pretty ridiculous notion. Spotify switched to a web-based platform a while ago, *exactly* to be able to develop crossplatform and dodge these issues. I really can't fathom why the keep the feature locked down while it's supposed to be a couple HTMLCSSJS tweaks at most. If it's more work than that the rewrite was essentially useless in the first place.

Brilliant....Just brilliant

What I've also done is to select the mix on my phone but make sure that my pc is listed as the device.

Yeah, sometimes really looks like the mobile team and the desktop team doesn't communicate. You get a really good option on mobile but when you want that on your computer you don't get it. A little silly, Spotify.

The answer below it's right, that feature only exists for Android and iOS, however you can play your selected ''Daily Mix'' playlist in your cell phone then select your PC in the ''Devices'' setting, so now you can listen it in your PC but controlled from your phone.

DAILY MIX.jpg
DAILY MIX 2.jpg

There are Spotify users who pay the same monthly price as you and me, yet they only use a desktop or laptop. These users are paying the same yet getting less. Workarounds miss the point.

Are they going to put ''Your Daily Mix '' on the laptop ( Mac ) ?

Yet another vote for 'please add this to the desktop version.' Really like this new feature!

Spotify,

I think you are loosing focus on what is really  important. It is software first and then content... I do not care about contents, I can find any content that I want to if I really want to.  And even more importantly - your algorithms for personalized plays list had already proved that I can enjoy music from an artist that is known to only 100 people as much as the most popular artist out here. And this is simply great.

The only reason I am using spotify and paying for it is because it solves a problem for me - it is able to find me a music that I like without me losing hours of searching , listening, bookmarking etc.. Thus  features like "Discover Weekly" and the new one "Daily mix" are really crucial and in fact is  the only reason I pay and use the service.  The above features work really, really well. Therefore missing those feature on the desktop client is like having no desktop client...  This is even missing from the web player...

This is not the first time you omit the desktop applications.. But guess what, there are people that still use something different than a phone.. Right now I am so frustrated that I would go ahead and click unsubscribe If there was only an alternative.. (I can not consider anything from apple as alternative). But someday there will be, and if you continue omitting the small things, you will be just one of the many streaming services outhere... Everyone will implement an algorithm for personalizing plays list but many will not have excellent windows/ios/android and web clients. 

Hey guys, figured I'd add this work around on here as its helped me listen to my Daily Mixes while at work on my desktop.

Make sure Spotify is open on your Desktop and follow the steps below:

1) Go to your Daily Mix on your mobile device, select the Daily Mix you'd like to listen to.

2) Then make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the playlist to load more songs into the playlist. Continue loading songs as desired.

3) Once you have a substantial amount of songs loaded into your Daily Mix, press Play.

4) On your Desktop app, at the bottom, click on "Devices Available" or "Your Devices Name" which will be next to your sound bar highlighted green. This will bring up a small window, select "This Computer".

5) Then, to the right of your audio bar, select the icon with three lines (thick top bar with two thinner lines below). This will bring up your current Play Queue.

You can now view all the songs you loaded into your Daily Mix from your mobile device on your computer! Enjoy!

Why not add it?

Well, they are Daily Mixes. They are constantly updating. See the below link on how it works:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/daily-mix/

It's really disappointing, but now that I think about it, because Spotify is so incredibly connected, you could probably select the daily mix from your phone, then choose the desktop to play it.

that is an extremely inconvenient way to handle things JUST ADD IT TO THE GODDAMNED PC VERSION IT'S ALREADY THERE JUST ADD THE UI ELEMENT TO ACCESS IT SO I DONT HAVE TO GRAB MY PHONE TO LISTEN TO MY DAILY MIX PLEASE

Sweet!  That's a nice workaround until spotify directly implements daily mixes for desktop environments. Thanks for the suggestion!

"Extremely inconvenient", really?

You need to find more important things to care about & be bothered by.

Suggested posts