Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I update or reset my local files list?

Solved!

How do I update or reset my local files list?

I have this huge mp3 database, and I'm listening to it, music by music, updating tags and deleting any "not wanted anymore" mp3. However, a few weeks ago spotify stopped to automaticaly update my "local files" list. Each time I delete an mp3, I have to manually remove it from the list too, and I didn't want to do that because if I do so and by any chance I get a new mp3 with the same name, then it won't add to the list!

Also, is there anyway to reset or manualy update said list?

Thanks!!

26 Replies

None of the above solutions worked for me! Very disappointing!

Nothing working for me either.  I can see that local-files.bnk file being updated, but after adding/deleting sources in preferences, restarting Spotify dozens of times, re-installing Spotify, it refuses to recognise or find ANY local files on my drive.  Does anyone from Spotify a) test the software they release, or b) monitor forums for feedback about non-working or problematic features?  I've resisted Apple Music until now, but this kind of thing doesn't help, it really doesn't.

Spotify should fix this....in an age where everything is designed for a consumer convenience, there should be a better process for this. Spotify does not carry all the songs I like and if I have to go out of my way to purchase my songs to add to Spotify on top of paying for Spotify's subscription, they could at least make this process less taxing. I can easily go back google music or try tidal for that matter. 

Doesn't work on my mac.  I've tried clearing the cache, removing everything from iTunes, adding/removing/adding iTunes to Spotify, etc. etc. and the old local files still are showing up in the Spotify "local files" section.  This is preventing me from playing a HUGE number of my favorite songs, since I had previously downloaded them to iTunes.

Doesn't work.  Spotify is still showing 15k+ files I used to have in iTunes and have since deleted.

COMPLETELY AGREE.  I almost can't use Spotify because of this bug/feature.

And their forthcoming listing on the NY Stock Exchange will reportedly value
Spotify at $26 Billion.

Suggested posts