Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to fix Spotify when it keeps saying 'error-dialog.generic.body'?

How to fix Spotify when it keeps saying 'error-dialog.generic.body'?

Windows 10
Spotify app
Basically, after I download Spotify and log in, it will say 'error-dialog.generic.header', with 'error-dialog.generic.body' under it. There is also a green box saying 'fatal-error.generic-label' which I can click, but when I do click it, it just comes back to the same exact screen.
66 Replies

getting same problem still and tried all solutions on this page

Plan

Premium free trial

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

PC spotify no matter if it's a web player or an app always shows some kind of error after logging in and I cant use it

Bez tytułu.png
Bez tytułu.png2.png

I have found the cause of the error. Spotify still does not cope with IPv6. Just go into the network adapter settings and turn off IPv6.

Turn off VPN and it will work. Don't know why Spotify is blocking Norton's VPN... Stupid.

Hay varias razones una de ellas puedes ser que tengas un vpn, también que estés en el modo offline, o tambien que tengas el firewall activo impidiendo que te inicie sesión sesión este, una de las peores como es mi caso, es que tengas un virus que te impida algunas conexiones como sería spotify

worked for me too.

I tied julbod6042 solution, and it did not work. I found that it was my company's VPN that generally did not affect it before. 

Check your VPN!

To exit, only get oun of your account in offline mode, after that, the service is restablished.

Disabling IPv6 fixed it for me as well. Thanks for posting. Windows 10. Very frustrating.

That solved my problem, VPN off & reset. 

Just go into task manager and end some "runtime brokers" then it should restart quickly in normal fashion 🙂 

worked for me thank you!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Could you please let us know if you're still experiencing this?

In case you're, we'd need the Spotify version you're currently running. We can then relay the information to our tech team.

Any additional details (such as device's make, model and OS) will be very helpful to our investigation as well. Sending us some screenshots of how the issue looks like would come in handy.

We'd also need you to provide us with some logs as this way we can relay the info to our tech teams. Below are the steps on how to do that:

Spoiler
  1. open Windows Terminal and run this command: "%APPDATA%\Spotify\Spotify.exe" --log-file="<path-where-to-log>.log"
  2. make sure to change <path-where-to-log> to somewhere on your local drive, eg: c:\temp\mySpotify.log (in this case there has to be a folder named temp on your C drive)
    These steps apply if your app is downloaded from our website.

Spoiler
  1. open Windows Terminal and run this command: start Spotify.exe --log-file="<path-where-to-log>.log"
  2. make sure to change <path-where-to-log> to somewhere on your local drive, eg: c:\temp\mySpotify.log (in this case there has to be a folder named temp on your C drive)
    These steps apply if your app is downloaded from MS Store
It's best if you can add upload them to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the look for your replies.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Wow thanks, that is such a simple fix.

Still having this issue. I cant check my Spotify version because nothing oppens when i click "about Spotify" with the error-dialog.generic.header window. Already turned off my VPN and switched to online mode. I use MacOS Mojave.

For Mac users, clicking on Spotify at the top toolbar and disabling hardware acceleration and offline mode fixed the problem for me. And then re-enabling them didn't re-introduce the bug.

When opening Spotify for the last 3 days it gives a "Generic fatal error" with a "generic fatal error button label" seems like an oversight on the developers part here. I have no idea what the error is so I cannot troubleshoot or get past it. Renders the desktop app unusable.

Apple just replaced my Macbook logic board and battery and I figured this was a weird glitch for the first time today due to being signed out when I never usually sign out... looks like it's way more common than I thought. When I signed in through Facebook it worked... ugh. 

thanks, worked for me

Lazdona_0-1671804200175.png

Still not working for me. Windows 11, but I don't know what version of Spotify it is as the "about" button does not work. I (re)downloaded it and installed from the website today, though. Tried various fixes in this thread but none worked. Using a private home network with no VPN.

Suggested posts