How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Yes! This is crazy intrusive and poorly designed UI, and as a premium user a genuine deal breaker if it cannot be turned off or removed.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Seriously, what the **bleep** are they thinking? Spotify automatically opens when Windows start. I don't want to have a huge fking banner on my screen when I'm adjusting my volume while watching a movie. Insane that this isn't even opt-in, but you actually can't op-out at all.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I totally agree! I'm an Illustrator, and I record my screen as I draw and share my videos on youtube. Having this banner show up everytime I hit the volume is very intrusive. Now i'm going to have to go back and edit all of those instances out of my videos, which is just a major waste of time! Either that or not listen to music anymore while I draw.

Spotify, please give us an option to turn it off or get rid of it! 😠

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I also want an option to be able to choose whether this extended volume banner should pop up or not.

Highlighted

Regular

Spotify has stated in another thread that it's going to be toggleable in the next update. It feels like the first time they are actually listening to feedback lol

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Ye, I saw that too after posting here. This is the thread DemHatz is thinking about (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Windows-10-Left-corner-song-banner...). So folks, just be patient and this will be solved in a week or two!

I'm very happy that Spotify listened to us. I hope they immediately start creating a lighter theme now when they've started to listen to the users 😉

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I seriously dislike this volume banner thing.Too big and totally unnecessary when all I'm trying yo do is change the volume. I can't believe they have an entire rectangle that takes up a big chunk of my screen for volume. I'm seriously considering just controling the PC app through my phone. I find this very irritating. Spotify, please allow us to turn off this feature.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just installed the new update and NOW there's an option to disable the volume banner thing. Huzzah! Hurrah! And one additional Huzzah! 🙂

Highlighted
Solution!

If you go to setting you'll see a toggle buttlon that says "show desktop overlay when using media keys", just turn that off and it'll disapear.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Where can I find the setting "Show desktop overlay when using media keys"??

SUGGESTED POSTS