Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify randomly pauses music, no consistent pattern.

I've noticed that every now and then my music pauses, sometimes it's once a day, sometimes it's multiple times a minute, and it gets very frustrating to try and just listen to music. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, logging Spotify out of all devices...

• I've noticed that every now and then my music pauses, sometimes it's once a day, sometimes it's multiple times a minute, and it gets very frustrating to try and just listen to music. I've tried reins...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugs
    pausing
    Pausing playback
    PC
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to Spotify on my bluetooth speaker

Hello everybody, This is the first time I write on this forum, because recently I've been facing some troubles with Spotify. I have a bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge 3) which I always used to listen to music on my computer (windows 10). For several day...

• Hello everybody,    This is the first time I write on this forum, because recently I've been facing some troubles with Spotify.   I have a bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge 3) which I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

how to minimize spotify for gaming

hey is it possible with Spotify free to minimize so the tray is tiny? or is that a premium only thing

• hey is it possible with Spotify free to minimize so the tray is tiny? or is that a premium only thing 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesn't Load After Login

Hi, I have been using Spotify without any problems for 2 years now, but this newest one is really surprising. Today, I was listening to music, when it said I was offline. All other apps and websited were working fine, so I just logged out of the wind...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have been using Spotify without any problems for 2 years now, but this newest one is really surprising. Today, I was listening to music, when it said I was offline. All other apps and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friendslist has gone?!

Hey guys, for some time, i'm not able to see my friends(what they're listening to...) in the right column (Desktopversion). or rather i can only see one friend and he is so "half cut"...Any ideas?Would be pretty appreciative!Thx

• Hey guys,  for some time, i'm not able to see my friends(what they're listening to...) in the right column (Desktopversion). or rather i can only see one friend and he is so "half cut"... Any ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! URL address instead of announcement

The announcement is not displayed. Instead there is a URL. The announcement is unusable.

• Casual Listener
  • The announcement is not displayed. Instead there is a URL. The announcement is unusable.
  • yanislav97
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stop at end of album

The last few weeks I noticed that my spotify premium doesn't stop any more at the end of an album, but 'starts playing similar music'. Is there a way to just make it stop after the last track of the album ?

• Casual Listener
  • The last few weeks I noticed that my spotify premium doesn't stop any more at the end of an album, but 'starts playing similar music'. Is there a way to just make it stop after the last track of the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App shows wrong song

Hey, could you please help, my spotify desktop app has started showing wrong songs in the bottom bar some time ago and the pause/play button is also bugged, which means i can't even pause the song playing. Any idea what could be causing it? Should I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, could you please help, my spotify desktop app has started showing wrong songs in the bottom bar some time ago and the pause/play button is also bugged, which means i can't even pause the song pl...
  • drchakra
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playlist cover Image not changing after I save

I decided to change the image of my spotify play list, but no matter how many times I upload it or save it, it refuses to physically change. Is that a bug? Or do I have to wait a bit for it?

• I decided to change the image of my spotify play list, but no matter how many times I upload it or save it, it refuses to physically change. Is that a bug? Or do I have to wait a bit for it?
  • NMNinjaMusic
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing playlist artwork issue

Hi there, I'm having trouble changing my playlist cover art. I know this issue is everywhere on spotify community forums but i've tried many of the recommended solution but they have not fixed the problem. Ever time i change my cover art, i wait for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm having trouble changing my playlist cover art. I know this issue is everywhere on spotify community forums but i've tried many of the recommended solution but they have not fixed the pr...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume and finding playlists

Hi,I'm wondering about 2 things for quite some time now and hope to get some answers to those.1. Spotify is usually not as loud as other music apps I'm using. There are even differences in sound volume between spotify songs. Is there a way to get the...

• Hi, I'm wondering about 2 things for quite some time now and hope to get some answers to those. 1. Spotify is usually not as loud as other music apps I'm using. There are even differences in sound ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Wont Play They Just Skip

When ever I try to play a song on Spotify, it wont play anything and it just skips. It doesnt show up in my audio mixer for windows, and I just recently uninstalled Voicemeeter, but I really dont want to reinstall it.

• Casual Listener
  • When ever I try to play a song on Spotify, it wont play anything and it just skips. It doesnt show up in my audio mixer for windows, and I just recently uninstalled Voicemeeter, but I really dont wan...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Que paso con mi inbox y mensajes con mis amigos????

Hola buen día esten teniendo. Una pregunta que ha pasado con mi bandeja de entrada?, en la cual recibia comentarios de mis amigos, asi como canciones y era muy comodo y divertido, ahora con esta nueva actualizacion 1.0.50.41368.gbd68dbef ya no lo ten...

• Hola buen día esten teniendo.     Una pregunta que ha pasado con mi bandeja de entrada?, en la cual recibia comentarios de mis amigos, asi como canciones y era muy comodo y divertido, aho...
  • smaikelson
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 19 likes

can't reinstall spotify

Hello,i can't reinstall spotify when i click to uninstall window pop out with message, spotify has stopped working.I have problem, i don't get any new music in my discoveries i am not in offline mode or private session so i am trying reinstall spotif...

• Regular
  • Hello, i can't reinstall spotify when i click to uninstall window pop out with message, spotify has stopped working. I have problem, i don't get any new music in my discoveries i am not in offline ...
  • empleat
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth

Hi,Spotfy does not connect with my bluetooth devices ( speakers etc. ) while all other apps ( Itunes etc.) do so in the same session.Acer Laptop Win 10Thanks for helpinggebererinnsbruck austria

• Hi, Spotfy does not connect with my bluetooth devices ( speakers etc. ) while all other apps ( Itunes etc.) do so in the same session. Acer Laptop Win 10 Thanks for helping geberer innsbruck aus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify player and Tumblr

OK, just a few minutes ago, I posted a song on Tumblr and apparently the player is not responding, you have to go to the Spotify link to get the song. Like what is going on right now???

• Regular
  • OK, just a few minutes ago, I posted a song on Tumblr and apparently the player is not responding, you have to go to the Spotify link to get the song. Like what is going on right now???
  • BadMan125
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changes Won't Save

When I go to change my profile or the playlist cover it wont stay changed and when ever I go back into Spotify it is still my facebook profile picture and the playlist is still just the first couple songs that are in the playlist. I'm just wondering ...

• When I go to change my profile or the playlist cover it wont stay changed and when ever I go back into Spotify it is still my facebook profile picture and the playlist is still just the first couple ...
  • sophiaalexandra
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to play songs

So today, only on my laptop I am unable to play my music. I get the error message of this song is not unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I know the songs are on spotify as I can play them on any device. I have unins...

• So today, only on my laptop I am unable to play my music. I get the error message of this song is not unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I know the songs are on spo...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank Screen

So when I left my laptop closed to go to sleep, I woke up opening Spotify and it had a blank screen. I tried uninstalling it and reopening it sometimes and it will always open but with a blank screen. Help please.

• Casual Listener
  • So when I left my laptop closed to go to sleep, I woke up opening Spotify and it had a blank screen. I tried uninstalling it and reopening it sometimes and it will always open but with a blank screen...
  • sebster2004
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect labeling of explicit songs

I have run into a few songs that are labeled as Explicit even though the song has no words in it at all, its just ambient music. So unless there is some demonic message when you play it backwards, you've mislabeled it. This has happened a few times, ...

• I have run into a few songs that are labeled as Explicit even though the song has no words in it at all, its just ambient music.  So unless there is some demonic message when you play it backwar...
  • JMCOfficial
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes