Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

NEW GUI PLEASE!!

I've been using 0.9.7.16 version for many years now because I hate that black theme. Can spotify please make it possible for users to change the theme? The black theme is just horrible.

• Music Fan
  • I've been using 0.9.7.16 version for many years now because I hate that black theme. Can spotify please make it possible for users to change the theme? The black theme is just horrible.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

We're not able to play this video in your current location

Playlists with Video's in them that are not available in my location cause Spotify to stop playing altogether. This is evident even in Spotify created playlists. Introducing new features should not inhibit other (paying) users from experiencing the s...

error.png
  • Playlists with Video's in them that are not available in my location cause Spotify to stop playing altogether. This is evident even in Spotify created playlists. Introducing new features should not i...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! A handy & useful way to backup your playlists

We've read all the posts about lost playlists, and its very frustrating when it happens. Here's a simple way to back them up. Using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, just drag each playlist into a cell. You not only see the original playlist name [sorta...

• Roadie
  • We've read all the posts about lost playlists, and its very frustrating when it happens.  Here's a simple way to back them up.   Using a Microsoft  Excel spreadsheet, just drag eac...
  • timothyjhorton
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Discover Weekly full of old songs

I've noticed of late my Discover Weekly is full of songs which have appeared in previous 'Discover Weekly' lists. Is this a service Spotify is offering to people with dementia? Not there yet Spotify!

• Regular
  • I've noticed of late my Discover Weekly is full of songs which have appeared in previous 'Discover Weekly' lists. Is this a service Spotify is offering to people with dementia? Not there yet Spotify!
  • mad_prof
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop app keeps pausing

Spotify just updated on my computer (Windows 10) and now it keeps pausing randomly. I tried a fix I found on here where you go to the website and sign out of everywhere but it didn’t work and I can’t seem to find another topic about this issue. Does ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify just updated on my computer (Windows 10) and now it keeps pausing randomly. I tried a fix I found on here where you go to the website and sign out of everywhere but it didn’t work and I can’t...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

I cannot log in at all....i'm going crazy at work without my music.

Okay so, a couple of days ago I got an error message #4 on my spotify meaning there was no internet connection but I did have internet connection. I signed out/in to refresh the app but I cannot get pass the login. A red "do not" sign turns into my c...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so, a couple of days ago I got an error message #4 on my spotify meaning there was no internet connection but I did have internet connection. I signed out/in to refresh the app but I cannot get ...
  • gonzalez_mx385
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play the current song error

Hi, Since a week i've got problems with Spotify on Windows 10. I'm getting the error: "Can't play the current song". This happens during almost every song i'm listining to. Sometimes after a minute, sometimes halfway etc. The music stops playing but ...

• Hi,   Since a week i've got problems with Spotify on Windows 10. I'm getting the error: "Can't play the current song". This happens during almost every song i'm listining to. Sometimes after a...
  • JoshuaAM
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App not working unless logged in with temp password

I have my Spotify account linked to Facebook and typically use that to login. For some reason my desktop app (windows) is saying there is no internet connection when I select Login with Facebook. However, when I receive a text with a password and log...

• Visitor
  • I have my Spotify account linked to Facebook and typically use that to login. For some reason my desktop app (windows) is saying there is no internet connection when I select Login with Facebook. How...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Separate Artist with Same Name

This post perhaps duplicate with https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379 however when I tried to report the same artist name using the link provided (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Staff-Announcement...

• This post perhaps duplicate with https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379   however when I tried to report the same artist name using the l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs won't play in Chrome

In Spotify online using a chrome browser, my saved songs won't play. If I search for the song, it plays normally as I would expect. Does anyone have any ideas?

• In Spotify online using a chrome browser, my saved songs won't play. If I search for the song, it plays normally as I would expect. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to uninstall spotify that stuck from Microsoft store

Hi, i installed spotify from microsoft store and I wanted to uninstall it as there is a problem. even tried to shred it but it doesn't help to uninstall it. Anyone has idea how to?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i installed spotify from microsoft store and I wanted to uninstall it as there is a problem.  even tried to shred it but it doesn't help to uninstall it. Anyone has idea how to?
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

• phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Store Version

Hi, I'm having trouble installing the "non windows store" version of spotify. I use a plugin called Equalify Pro (which is very important to me) and it is not compatible with the windows store version of spotify. I've always had the desktop version i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm having trouble installing the "non windows store" version of spotify.   I use a plugin called Equalify Pro (which is very important to me) and it is not compatible with the wi...
  • outsider2002
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Desktop App Can't Maximize

I was just trying to maximize Spotify on my main screen (1440p), when I noticed the window is bugged. It seems like everything stretches normally, but it just stops rendering on a size of about 1080p. This is really weird, I have never seen another p...

• Casual Listener
  • I was just trying to maximize Spotify on my main screen (1440p), when I noticed the window is bugged. It seems like everything stretches normally, but it just stops rendering on a size of about 1080p...
  • Lick_A_Brick
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Download podcasts on computer

How can we download podcasts on the computer to listen to it offline (just like any song)? We can't add them to playlists either.

• Casual Listener
  • How can we download podcasts on the computer to listen to it offline (just like any song)? We can't add them to playlists either. 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mix bug

When I play a daily mix playlist, the current song shows at the bottom of the app. If I click the "like" button, the song at the bottom no longer refreshes to the current song being played. When I go in to the queue and manually play the 'current' so...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play a daily mix playlist, the current song shows at the bottom of the app. If I click the "like" button, the song at the bottom no longer refreshes to the current song being played.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download podcasts / windows desktop / offline listening?

How do you download a podcast on the spotify windows desktop app for offline listening? There doesn't appear to be a download button anywhere

• How do you download a podcast on the spotify windows desktop app for offline listening?  There doesn't appear to be a download button anywhere
  • elenakikk
  • 4 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 17 likes

Login issue on Lenovo Yoga Laptop

For the past two days I have experienced trouble with the "downloaded app" login screen not responding when login email and password are entered. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times with no luck. The app on my phone works and the website s...

• For the past two days I have experienced trouble with the "downloaded app" login screen not responding when login email and password are entered. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times with n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify always slow and/or buggy on first startup

Everytime I start up Spotify the first time it is slow and/or buggy. Even after waiting a few minutes.First of all, it doesn't seem to have a proper connection to the internet (even though it doesn't notify me of that). The browse page doesn't load, ...

• Regular
  • Everytime I start up Spotify the first time it is slow and/or buggy. Even after waiting a few minutes. First of all, it doesn't seem to have a proper connection to the internet (even though it doe...
  • iamtheredswan
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    first
    slow
    start desktop app
    start windows 10
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Local Files with wrong information

Hey there Community, So I have bought some digital albums from shows I've attended from Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers from before I started using Spotify. I've used spotify for a while now and only now it occurred to me to add those local files...

info.PNG spotify.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey there Community,   So I have bought some digital albums from shows I've attended from Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers from before I started using Spotify. I've used spotify for a while...
  • lucasfmundim
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Wrong Info
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes