Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random connections

Random connections

So I'll play spotify from my computer.  Now the issue I have is when my phone is nearby, it'll randomly connect to my phone, (When I play from my phone, it says the device ID, so I know that that's the correct device) without me asking to, it's even done it when I logged out of my spotify account on the phone.  It only stops when I restart my phone, and then only until I access spotify on the phone again at any point.  The real wierd part is it randomly follows hispanic artists, playlists, etc.  I've changed my password twice now, and it does this enough I now have a hispanic daily mix?!  How do I stop this?  

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed

That sounds odd...

I would suggest going through both of the following steps:

1. Reinstall Spotify on your devices.
2. Follow the steps in this article (securing account).

While changing the password is good, it's also important to sign out of devices (open sessions). Reinstalling is to ensure there is no client-side error at play. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As of this morning my email was changed without my permission, so I suspect something else was going on.

Hey @user-removed

Please go to the second article I linked to you in my previous post (securing account), there you'll find steps on how to contact Spotify.

It seems that someone has managed to get access to your Spotify account and is now trying to make it their own.

🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts