How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Solved!

How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Casual Listener

Looks like this:

bb8d2dc74cf8aa906d3cbe65c6bb2af4.png

It takes up way too much of my screen and lasts too long. Is there any way I can just have the normal volume bar again? I've resorted to using an older spotify client for now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: How to get rid of the new volume banner?

If you go to setting you'll see a toggle buttlon that says "show desktop overlay when using media keys", just turn that off and it'll disapear.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Highlighted

Yes, I like this to be remove, or an opt-in option to enable/disabled this feature.

1.0.41.375.g040056ca (This volume banner is enable)
1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2 (Version without it)

Highlighted

Music Fan

Is there an offical download for the old version? Would rather not grab it from third party sites.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This new "function" truly sucks **bleep**. Let me know as well if it can be removed somehow. I mean geesh! Doesn't spotify coders or developers understand that people don't want any controls that you can't hide and block key areas of the display. But then again it has been years and you still can't order your playlists on spotify mobile so that the newest track is first, so I don't have lot of hope that they are going to fix this.

Highlighted

I could not agree more, this takes up way to much space.

Spotify please fix.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

this is very annoying, please spotify, i wanna get rid of this!!!!

Highlighted

I'm looking for a solution to this too. I think I may just downgrade... seriously, Spotify?

Highlighted

Regular

I find that Spotify is very lacking when it comes to letting the user customize any settings on the desktop version. It seems that they put all of their eggs in their mobile basket.

Please let us remove this track banner because it is VERY annoying and unneeded. Or at the very least let us downgrade to a previous version of the web app easily.

Highlighted

This is a serious inconvienece. I don't need my co-workers seeing my music choice every time I bump the volume. Switching to Pandora until this is fixed.
Highlighted

Thanks a lot for listing the versions here. Once you know the version number it was trivially easy to locate a previous version of Spotify and overwrite the current one, and I'd recommend anyone else to do the same until this problem gets resolved (if it does).

SUGGESTED POSTS