Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Solved!

How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Looks like this:

bb8d2dc74cf8aa906d3cbe65c6bb2af4.png

It takes up way too much of my screen and lasts too long. Is there any way I can just have the normal volume bar again? I've resorted to using an older spotify client for now. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you go to setting you'll see a toggle buttlon that says "show desktop overlay when using media keys", just turn that off and it'll disapear.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Yes, I like this to be remove, or an opt-in option to enable/disabled this feature.

1.0.41.375.g040056ca (This volume banner is enable)
1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2 (Version without it)

Is there an offical download for the old version? Would rather not grab it from third party sites.

This new "function" truly sucks **bleep**. Let me know as well if it can be removed somehow. I mean geesh! Doesn't spotify coders or developers understand that people don't want any controls that you can't hide and block key areas of the display. But then again it has been years and you still can't order your playlists on spotify mobile so that the newest track is first, so I don't have lot of hope that they are going to fix this.

I could not agree more, this takes up way to much space.

Spotify please fix.

this is very annoying, please spotify, i wanna get rid of this!!!!

I'm looking for a solution to this too. I think I may just downgrade... seriously, Spotify?

I find that Spotify is very lacking when it comes to letting the user customize any settings on the desktop version. It seems that they put all of their eggs in their mobile basket.

Please let us remove this track banner because it is VERY annoying and unneeded. Or at the very least let us downgrade to a previous version of the web app easily.

This is a serious inconvienece. I don't need my co-workers seeing my music choice every time I bump the volume. Switching to Pandora until this is fixed.

Thanks a lot for listing the versions here. Once you know the version number it was trivially easy to locate a previous version of Spotify and overwrite the current one, and I'd recommend anyone else to do the same until this problem gets resolved (if it does).

Yes! This is crazy intrusive and poorly designed UI, and as a premium user a genuine deal breaker if it cannot be turned off or removed.

Seriously, what the **bleep** are they thinking? Spotify automatically opens when Windows start. I don't want to have a huge fking banner on my screen when I'm adjusting my volume while watching a movie. Insane that this isn't even opt-in, but you actually can't op-out at all.

I totally agree! I'm an Illustrator, and I record my screen as I draw and share my videos on youtube. Having this banner show up everytime I hit the volume is very intrusive. Now i'm going to have to go back and edit all of those instances out of my videos, which is just a major waste of time! Either that or not listen to music anymore while I draw.

Spotify, please give us an option to turn it off or get rid of it! 😠

I also want an option to be able to choose whether this extended volume banner should pop up or not.

Spotify has stated in another thread that it's going to be toggleable in the next update. It feels like the first time they are actually listening to feedback lol

Ye, I saw that too after posting here. This is the thread DemHatz is thinking about (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Windows-10-Left-corner-song-banner...). So folks, just be patient and this will be solved in a week or two!

I'm very happy that Spotify listened to us. I hope they immediately start creating a lighter theme now when they've started to listen to the users 😉

I seriously dislike this volume banner thing.Too big and totally unnecessary when all I'm trying yo do is change the volume. I can't believe they have an entire rectangle that takes up a big chunk of my screen for volume. I'm seriously considering just controling the PC app through my phone. I find this very irritating. Spotify, please allow us to turn off this feature.

Just installed the new update and NOW there's an option to disable the volume banner thing. Huzzah! Hurrah! And one additional Huzzah! 🙂

Marked as solution

If you go to setting you'll see a toggle buttlon that says "show desktop overlay when using media keys", just turn that off and it'll disapear.

Where can I find the setting "Show desktop overlay when using media keys"??

Suggested posts