Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get total play count of a track given their ID

Solved!

How to get total play count of a track given their ID

Hi,

How do I get total play count for this song?

https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/2Ub01ptSMqI6iBvq1E2Pji

I want to know how many times this track has been played (global play count by all spotify users) to date since the beginning of time. Which Spotify Endpoint can give me that information? or if it's not available via endpoint, where can I get this information?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @musicsquad,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Currently there is no way to retrieve that data, but you can add thumbs up to the idea here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @musicsquad,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Currently there is no way to retrieve that data, but you can add thumbs up to the idea here.

Honestly why isn't there a total song count we pay you good money for this **bleep** and we don't even own the songs or the freedom we would have just buying the CD   this app is a trap eventually you will lose all the songs and all that money for nothing seriously i think the least you guys can do is put a total of songs in the library maybe it so ppl don't notice when you remove the temp cache stored in your phone that's when streaming makes your cell providers a tone of money off the data you thought you downloaded.   Make it happen guys seriously  all it is is a song count.  This app makes me angry maybe I'll go back to Google play music  oh but that's just as bad 

Suggested posts