Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to increase volume of Spotify, instead of whole windows?

Solved!

How to increase volume of Spotify, instead of whole windows?

Plan

Free

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I got multimedia keys on my keyboard, and when I click to increase volume of music it increases volume of whole windows not only Spotify. Is there any way to increase volume of only Spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PowerMaker.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

If you want to use controls specific to Spotify (e.g. volume up/down for Spotify only), there's a list of them here. However, you have to be in the Spotify app to be able to do this.

If you want to assign hotkeys which work outside the app, you need to use a third-party app such as Toastify and AutoHotkey.

Hope that helps 🙂

P

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @PowerMaker

You might find something useful in this thread. 🙂

Also, if nothing worked, please share what kind of keyboard you have (model), so I can find out if it's possible to re-map these buttons to work with a certain program (Spotify) only.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks,

but I found nothing useful in this thread.

Problem is that my media keys change master volume (all windows sound, games, all apps, etc.)

I want it to control volume of only Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hey @PowerMaker.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

If you want to use controls specific to Spotify (e.g. volume up/down for Spotify only), there's a list of them here. However, you have to be in the Spotify app to be able to do this.

If you want to assign hotkeys which work outside the app, you need to use a third-party app such as Toastify and AutoHotkey.

Hope that helps 🙂

P

Suggested posts