Announcements

I can't do anything

I can't do anything

I can't play music or see friend activity. the only music i can play is what is currently saved on my pc. On top of that I can't see artist i've followed, all my playlists are empty, and saved songs and albums are gone. It started when i downloaded a third party plugin that i soon realized didnt work properly so i uninstalled it and spotify as a whole stopped working. I can use the web version but chrome alone uses over a gig of memory so it'd be much better if i wasn't forced to use it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've cleared local files, ive done everything i could think of and havn' found a fix. I've had this problem for over a month now. Also I don't know if this is a bug or not but my username is B.Filmz but for some reason it randomly shows up as random numbers and letters. (picture shows what it looks like when i try and play a song.)

Capture.PNG
4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If that doesn't help could you try following the steps from this Spotify Answer?

Hope it helps 🙂

LoxerSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Still doesn't work, thanks for trying

Hey @Bfilms,

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

Could you try that in another local user account?

Install Spotify there to see if the same thing happens there as well.

Keep me posted.

LoxerSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's not a fix though id only be able to use it on that acc

Suggested posts