Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't open Spotify and i can't reinstall or deinstall the Program!

Solved!

I can't open Spotify and i can't reinstall or deinstall the Program!

Hello,

I tryit to start spotify ... but nothing happends. then i close the process spotify.exe and i try it again. nothing happends a new spotfy.exe process started. i close spotify.exe and webhelper.... .exe. and i've try it again but again nothing happends. then i start goggeling. And the result a got is i must reinstall spotify but. it dosent work too. then i restarted my computer... nothing happends. then i waited for 1 week and i tryit again. but nothing happends again. and now i'm here i have no mehr idears what i can do. comment: a year a ago i had a account problem. i can't login to my account then i contact the spotify support. they fix it. but now i had a new problem. info: i can login in the brower. thats not the problem now. (Sorry for my bad english i'm german and i'm very happy if anyone can help me)

Again in german:
Hallo,

Ich habe probiert Spotify zu starten hat nicht funktioniert. darauf hin habe ich den Prozess "spotify.exe" beendet und es nocheinmal probiert. Nicht ist passiert, es hat sich nur der Prozess "spotify.exe" wieder geöffnet. Dann habe ich es nocheinmal probiert aber dieses mal dazu noch den prozess "webhelper.... .exe" geschlossen. Und es ist wieder nichts passiert habe dann mal gegoogelt. Aber muss sagen das im Internet nur steht das ich das Programm deinstallieren soll. Dann dachte ich mir ok. Ich habe probiert das programm zu deinstallieren es funktioniert nicht. Habe den pc neugestartet nichts ist passiert. Also es ließ sich immernoch nicht öffnen. Dann habe ich eine Woche gewartet. Und es nocheinmal orobiert. Es passiert immernoch nichts. Anmkerung: Ich hatte vor ungefähr einen Jahr bereits ein problem mit meinen Spotify account. Ich könnte mich nämlich nichtmehr einloggen passwort ändern ging auch nicht nichts. habe dann den spotify support angeschrieben. Und die haben den fehler behoben. Seit dem habe ich keine Probleme mehr. Aber jetzt habe ich halt das neue Problem info: ich kann mich im Browser einloggen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi.

Can you try a clean installation in safe mode? Here's how:

(Do it in safe mode so you don't have to try twice)

May differ a bit (I'm on windows 10)

Uninstall Spotify, if you can't uninstall try deleting the Spotify folder and the ones mentioned.

Go to "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage" and delete everything inside the folder.

Also delete the folder "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<RANDOM numbers-user="">\"

Delete the Spotify folders in "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming"
"C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local"

Reinstall.

Here's installer that should contain a full version of Spotify:
http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

If it doesn't help try the same method in safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/sv-se/search?query=Safe%20mode%20windows
Add Windows version you use for information on how to enable safe mode.</RANDOM>

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi.

Can you try a clean installation in safe mode? Here's how:

(Do it in safe mode so you don't have to try twice)

May differ a bit (I'm on windows 10)

Uninstall Spotify, if you can't uninstall try deleting the Spotify folder and the ones mentioned.

Go to "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage" and delete everything inside the folder.

Also delete the folder "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<RANDOM numbers-user="">\"

Delete the Spotify folders in "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming"
"C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local"

Reinstall.

Here's installer that should contain a full version of Spotify:
http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

If it doesn't help try the same method in safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/sv-se/search?query=Safe%20mode%20windows
Add Windows version you use for information on how to enable safe mode.</RANDOM>

Thanks 🙂 now it works 😄 And i had WIndows 10 😄

Suggested posts