Free

Country

Brazil

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Every other local file on my computer shows on Spotify, but for some reason only the files from this one specific album do not show, no matter what I do. (the album is "Walkure Trap" from the screenshot). Things I have tried:
- Deleting the index.dat file from the appdata and creating a new dedicated local file folder for mp3s to show on Spotify
- Formatting the computer and reinstalling Spotify
- Using MP3tag to properly fill album, title, number, year, artists, disc and tag that is compatible with Spotify. 
- Changing the title to only roman letters, in case Spotify has a problem with the japanese letters or symbols.

Nothing works. I do not know what else to do, even songs from the same artist but different album show on Spotify but only this one doesn't, I don't get it. It's all right there in the screenshot.

namelessliberty_0-1591929684297.png

2 Replies

Hey there @namelessliberty!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We'd recommend making sure that the files aren't DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected.

If you have iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

You can also take a look at this page under Some of my local files won’t import/play for more info.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

edit: nvm different issue

Suggested posts