Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I think my spotify desktop app is showing the web app (lots of features disabled)

Solved!

I think my spotify desktop app is showing the web app (lots of features disabled)

Basically I am struggling to do many things I can normally do on Spotify. This is a second account I have, and on my main account I can do all these things with no issue. Also, when I log into the new account, it looks different to how Spotify looks on my other account - even though it is on the same computer.

Basically I cannot do the following things:

• Change the cover photos on my playlists.
  • Change my profile photo.
  • Organise my playlists by different parameters (artist, title, etc.)
  • Access my profile without it taking me to the spotify website (every time i click my account, it sends me to the spotify website).

I understand a lot of these features are disabled on the web app, so i have come to the conclusion that spotify is showing the web app in my desktop app for some reason. This is also supported by the fact that my spotify on desktop looks exactly the same as the web app (screenshot attached).

Please help, i have no idea why its doing this or how to fix it.

Thanks

Plan: Premium (free trial)

Device: Surface Book 2

Operating System: Windows 10

badspotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @oxquarantunes ,

Thank you for the screenshot it's much appreciated, from the screenshot it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Keep well, 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @oxquarantunes ,

Thank you for the screenshot it's much appreciated, from the screenshot it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Keep well, 

I have the same issue what's the problem I can't even download my music on my Mac

Suggested posts