Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Having issues with Spotify.

When I load up spotify, I just get a blank screen as provided below. I've reinstalled several times and I've also restarted my computer. I've had so many problems with spotify that I'm just considering changing to a different platform. Every week the...

• Casual Listener
  • When I load up spotify, I just get a blank screen as provided below. I've reinstalled several times and I've also restarted my computer. I've had so many problems with spotify that I'm just consideri...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot find Spotify App for Samsung s3

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceSamsung s3 frontier/huawei p20 My Question or IssueI cannot seem to find the spotify app for samsung s3, either on the watches built in app store or on the samsung app store on the phone. Has the app been removed?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Samsung s3 frontier/huawei p20   My Question or Issue I cannot seem to find the spotify app for samsung s3, either on the watches built in app...
  • JNipper
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

local files playing but no sound

Spotify premium on Windows 7. I have had countless problems with spotify, so it's difficult for me to remember all the possible things I have done to get a working spotify. Recently, it has been working okay, except that it will not make sound when p...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify premium on Windows 7. I have had countless problems with spotify, so it's difficult for me to remember all the possible things I have done to get a working spotify. Recently, it has been work...
  • 2shakey
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist in Grid View

PlanPremiumOperating System(Windows 7) When on the windows desktop app, Is there a way to have your saved playlists display in a gid fasion with artwork the same as when in Discovery or Recently Played, rather than in a list on the left hand side? Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System (Windows 7)   When on the windows desktop app, Is there a way to have your saved playlists display in a gid fasion with artwork the same as when in Discovery o...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • artwork
    Playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Refresh button

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceWindows desktop PCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhy is it so hard to create a f*$king refresh button. I listen to a daily podcast, and everyday I have to close and reopen spotify to get the new episode on S...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Windows desktop PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Why is it so hard to create a f*$king refresh button.  I listen to a dai...
  • Prime624
  • 15 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 61 likes

Song won't play

PlanFreeCountryUnites States Device(Andrioid G Moto 6, HP)Operating System(windows 10) My Question or IssueI was listening to Andy Black and I noticed one of his songs was skipped over and I can't play it. It seems greyed out but I turned off the exp...

• Plan Free Country Unites States  Device (Andrioid G Moto 6, HP) Operating System (windows 10)   My Question or Issue I was listening to Andy Black and I noticed one of his songs w...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app won't update Saved Music

PlanPremiumCountryCzechiaDeviceGoogle Pixel 3 XL, Windows 10 (Pixel 2 XL, Windows 7, Debian)Operating SystemAndroid Q (Android O,P) My Question or Issue Desktop apps won't update My Music (Saved Music). When I save something on my phone, it doesn't s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czechia Device Google Pixel 3 XL, Windows 10 (Pixel 2 XL, Windows 7, Debian) Operating System Android Q (Android O,P)   My Question or Issue   Desktop apps w...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sorting on a created playlist

Hi,Recently Spotify started sorting played songs at the bottom of the playlist, HOW can you disable this hugely annoying function? I could not care less to see what songs I have listened. Instead I want to my playlist be in the order I have added son...

• Hi, Recently Spotify started sorting played songs at the bottom of the playlist, HOW can you disable this hugely annoying function? I could not care less to see what songs I have listened. Instead I...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not play song in spotify desktop windows app

I can not play certain song in my desktop app but in my phone or any other device is possible. Why? I better stop paying spotify? use another streaming app? or pay youtube?

• Regular
  • I can not play certain song in my desktop app but in my phone or any other device is possible. Why? I better stop paying spotify? use another streaming app? or pay youtube?
  • atelopus13
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

still cannot play on Spotify

a few months ago I posted about it and you didn't fix it, bet I don't have this issue on Deezer

• Not applicable
  • a few months ago I posted about it and you didn't fix it, bet I don't have this issue on Deezer
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't boot up and only once show's error message.

eNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.Plan PremiumCountryUSADeviceDell Inspiron 17ROperating SystemWin10 My Question or IssueLast night I restarted my laptop due to it b...

• Casual Listener
  • eNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan  Premium Country USA Device Dell Inspiron 17R Operating System...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Trouble Shooting
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Unidentified Remote Spotify Control

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 5T, HP LaptopOperating SystemAndroid, Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) another device that plays music for me. It comes up as Spotify Web player (C...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device OnePlus 5T, HP Laptop Operating System Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) ...
  • ltd2beast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Sync not working

Device(MacBook, Windows PC, Android Phone)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have a laptop that I use to listen to music on when I'm not home, I listened and added several songs to my library, then used my phone to listen to the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device (MacBook, Windows PC, Android Phone) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have a laptop that I use to listen to music on when I'm not home, I listened and added se...
  • boxofgum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant like/dislike songs in *some* radios

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+ and PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo and Windows 10 My Question or IssueSometimes when I go to radios I can't like or dislike the songs anymore, ruining the best feature of a radio. Sometimes this happens o...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ and PC Operating System Android Oreo and Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sometimes when I go to radios I can't like or dislike...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now.... (Then when?)

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevice/OSWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn many of my playlists many songs are slowly turning grey and unplayable ("Spotify can't play this right now..."), this is happening since 2-3 days ago, I am not sure. I have already tried ...

spotify wha.png
  • Not applicable
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device/OS Windows 10   My Question or Issue In many of my playlists many songs are slowly turning grey and unplayable ("Spotify can't play this right now....
  • miguelmnt
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is the search bar?

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUntil yesterday there was an always visible search bar at the top of the Spotify windows, next to the forward- and backward buttons. This morning it was gone. The only way...

•   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Until yesterday there was an always visible search bar at the top of the Spotify window...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Filter songs within a playlist by bpm

PlanFree/PremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating System My Question or IssueIt would be great to be able to filter by bpm songs within a playlist (or extract them to another playlist)

• Plan Free/Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System     My Question or Issue It would be great to be able to filter by bpm songs within a playlist (or extra...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now - Desktop Windows

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 professional(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueNothing plays on my desktop app! I am about to cancel Spotify. No matter what I have tried it does not want to play an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7 professional (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Nothing plays on my desktop app! I ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! why?

why did you turn your once promising, unique streaming service into a huge, frustraing pile of cash grab **bleep**

• Regular
  • why did you turn your once promising, unique streaming service into a huge, frustraing pile of cash grab **bleep**
  • fodare
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes