Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Importing iTunes playlists?

Solved!

Importing iTunes playlists?

I use iTunes to manage my music library, but I import my playlists into Spotify to listen from there. I've been doing this fine for quite a while. This week however, when I added new music to iTunes and tried to import the new playlists, the option was gone. It's not that I can't select it, it just doesn't exist anymore. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, relocating where the iTunes library is - everything I can think of. I've seen other people post about this issue as well, but no one has answered. Does anyone have any ideas about what might have suddenly changed?

2018-02-18 22_52_11-Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welp, nevermind! They took it out. That really sucks, guess I'll have to stick to iTunes.

View solution in original post

2018-02-19 00_06_08-SpotifyCares on Twitter_ _Apologies for the confusion. We're afraid that feature.png
30 Replies
Marked as solution

Welp, nevermind! They took it out. That really sucks, guess I'll have to stick to iTunes.

2018-02-19 00_06_08-SpotifyCares on Twitter_ _Apologies for the confusion. We're afraid that feature.png

Ok Spotify, that's the 2nd feature I use that you've take away.  I've been back and forth between staying with Spotify or going to Apple Music.  You are making my decision easier.

Wow. Well that is a deal breaker.  This is part of the reason I upgraded to Premium so I will no longer pay for Premium since they took away a necessary function for me.  If Spotify had an easy way to import music, then maybe....but it is clunky at best, and now I see absolutely no way to import local files.  Sorry, some stuff still needs to be imported in order for any platform to manage all my music.  Goodbye Spotify. Google Music here I come.

I'm really thinking of going back to Apple Music. Too many songs not available on Spotify or greyed out, now I can't import from Itunes!? What advantage is there for me to stay with Spotify? None.

I Cant believe this feature is no longer aviable, this is a mess, the way  i have managed all my music is by using itunes playlist, this is a clomplete wth and dealbreaker for me, i would check itunes music

Using external tools like Soundiiz, Spotlistr (Textbox), Playlist Converter (Text or M3U) etc. should still work.

hi, i have the same issues as mentioned above and came across your post. but how exactly do you mean external converters might still work, if there's no 'import' option any more whatsoever? or am i overlooking something?

External playlist converter tools use the Spotify API to automatically create a new playlist e.g. in the desktop app with the found tracks in the Spotify catalogue. So if you upload e.g. an M3U playlist or copy & paste a text version of an iTunes playlist into their textbox, they will add the new playlist automatically.

Thanks! I was able to solve the issue using one of the mentiones applications.

Michael, many thanks for the link to your app. I'd be happy to give it a try - but I run OS, not Windows. Pls contact me again once you should have a Mac-version out...

I tried soudiiz and it only copied 195 out of the 262 songs in my playlist

GOODBYE SPOTIFY YOU ARE DESTROYING YOUR USER BASE

WHY??? why do you keep removing useful features, like being able to view lyrics, and now, the ability to import iTunes playlists?

I keep wanting to ditch iTunes for Spotify, but find that Spotify keeps removing obviously useful features!

Not taking away that feature would be a big improvement to Spotify. 

Bad move removing this feature.  There is no benefit in removing this feature.  This was THE reason why I went to Spotify as I have an extensive iTunes library that I have been slowly importing over to Spotify.  So now, with this gone, looks like I'm going back to iTunes especially with their new features. Again, bad move. Very bad move.

What I really would like to know is Spotify's rationale for removing popular features...They must realize their customers won't be happy about this, so why do they keep removing features?

OK - so now it is June 2018, and still no way to import playlists? Still seems to be missing from the menu!

anyone? i would really like to know why Spotify does this...

Cool changes? Are you kidding me? you you need to grow up, boys (I guess you are somewhere around 15-18 years or so...) This is not cool and to fun either. Try out to do som useful work instead

Suggested posts