Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Importing iTunes playlists?

Solved!

Importing iTunes playlists?

I use iTunes to manage my music library, but I import my playlists into Spotify to listen from there. I've been doing this fine for quite a while. This week however, when I added new music to iTunes and tried to import the new playlists, the option was gone. It's not that I can't select it, it just doesn't exist anymore. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, relocating where the iTunes library is - everything I can think of. I've seen other people post about this issue as well, but no one has answered. Does anyone have any ideas about what might have suddenly changed?

2018-02-18 22_52_11-Spotify.png
30 Replies

Hey. So is there a way to copy iTunes playlists to Spotify? I'm trying to move to Spotify but want to match the songs that Spotify had available so I can stream. Any work around.  I have a Mac. 

You can go to soundiiz online but there is a limit to the number of songs on in a Playlist that you can convert 

I just want it to mirror my iTunes songs on Spotify. I know not all are available on iTunes but the ones that are same. 

Altough this won't work so great for constant syncing, this one-time trick worked for me: I uninstalled the newer version of Spotify, downloaded an older one that imported from iTunes (in my case version 1-0-72-117 from this website: <snip - Moderator Edit>), successfully imported all playlists from iTunes, and then updated Spotify to the most current version. Done in a matter of a minute or two and no need for 3rd party apps!

If you want to import your music from iTunes, you can use STAMP and keep listening from Spotify with no problems. I wouldn't trade Discover Weekly for managing ease so easily 😞 

Yeah, and now it's August. Total lack of attention to detail here by Spotify. Unfathomable really....

michael. sorry to say - but your site contains malware (or at least its getting blocked by my protection-software. please look into that, happy to try again once this is solved…

thanks a lot! happy to check it out... and sorry if i unintentionally discredited your site. but as a matter of fact bit defender gave out a warning. was more meant to your own info... anyhow, cheers, will check out your software and hope that this can facilitate the issues with spotify!

Hi Michael,

I have already donated via pay pal however i'm still waiting for the license key. Can you provide the key to me?

All they do is take functions out. Guess is too hard to fix them. Still miss the chat function to share playlists. Also pondering if I should go with Apple Music.

@skweetis wrote:

Altough this won't work so great for constant syncing, this one-time trick worked for me: I uninstalled the newer version of Spotify, downloaded an older one that imported from iTunes (in my case version 1-0-72-117 from this website: <snip - Moderator Edit>), successfully imported all playlists from iTunes, and then updated Spotify to the most current version. Done in a matter of a minute or two and no need for 3rd party apps!

Thanks for sharing this!  This is perfect for me because I listen to Spotify on my work computer but keep all my music in iTunes on my home computer.  As I work through all the music I've downloaded from NoiseTrade, I add stuff I like to a "Work Mix" playlist, which I then run through http://smarterplaylists.playlistmachinery.com to do some artist separation.

Suggested posts