Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to check if Spotify has the license to display specific lyrics in my region?

Is it possible to check if Spotify has the license to display specific lyrics in my region?

Plan

Premium

Country

NO

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to check somewhere if lyrics are prevented from being displayed on Spotify in my region due to lack of license to display it even though the lyrics exist in the lyrics database.

Might it also be possible to get a notification when licensed lyrics are accessible for a specific track?

For example none of the lyrics of any song in the album The Gods We Can Touch show up for me in Spotify even though they appear to have been added to the catalogue in Musixmatch

1 Reply

Hey @Arikabeth,

Thank you for reaching the Community.

Lyrics is a recently released feature on Spotify in the majority of the regions and markets. The availability of the song’s lyrics might change depending on the user's market due to different reasons. So it's possible that the lyrics for a specific song might not show up in the Spotify app despite being uploaded to the Musixmatch catalog.

At the moment, it's not possible to receive a notification for when the lyrics of a song is available.

Hope it helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts