Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to search within your Playlists ?

Solved!

Is there a way to search within your Playlists ?

In the desktop experience (Windows) or even the Android app I'd like to know if there is a way to do the following:

I have some of an artists' songs on one or more (created by me or followed) Playlists. However, if I type the artist's name on the searchbar, Spotify searches it's own global database and gives me results. I'm looking for more of a "personalised" search, within my music. Is this possible by any means?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ntgism,

Yes I understand what you mean but that's not available yet on Spotify, however, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

While for now you can search and filter inside the playlists you follow/created and in the songs folder 🙂

Filter to search inside the songs folder, below it are other filtersFilter to search inside the songs folder, below it are other filtersSame but inside a playlistSame but inside a playlistThe search option inside the songs folder in AndroidThe search option inside the songs folder in AndroidSame but inside a playlist :)Same but inside a playlist 🙂

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @ntgism, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

For now you can't search only your library but there's a search bar withint the playlists, albums or your saved songs 🙂

In your Android phone just swipe down to reveal the search bar while on the Windows client just click on the Filter filed next to the Download toggle.

Hope it helps! 🙂

Thank you for your reply but sadly your solution isn't really applicable to my case. Although I haven't found that funcionality on the Windows Client, on Android the "filter" function searches my playlists based on the name of those playlists. 

I'm looking more for a feature like the normal search (which gives you results for Songs, Artists, Albums, PLaylists searching through the whole Platform) but for my music. 

Marked as solution

Hey @ntgism,

Yes I understand what you mean but that's not available yet on Spotify, however, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

While for now you can search and filter inside the playlists you follow/created and in the songs folder 🙂

Filter to search inside the songs folder, below it are other filtersFilter to search inside the songs folder, below it are other filtersSame but inside a playlistSame but inside a playlistThe search option inside the songs folder in AndroidThe search option inside the songs folder in AndroidSame but inside a playlist :)Same but inside a playlist 🙂

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the help. 

I will go to the suggestions section however as I've now understood what you were saying it seems I have a bit of a problem. All the Songs I've added to various playlists, have been via the action "Add to Playlist" and not "Save to Library" thus excluding most of these songs from "My Library" and as a result the filter you described. Thank you however

Hey @ntgism,

Really happy that I was able to help 🙂

Your Library contains all the playlists, songs, artists, albums, videos, podcasts, radio stations you've ever used in Spotify.

The filter works in the Songs folder as well, you just need to save the songs there using the + sign.

But since you said you have them in a playlist you've created there's nothing wrong with it, just swipe down as I showed you previously and use the search filter it works in your playlsits too 🙂

Thanks!

Suggested posts