Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue - Spotify webplayer pausing songs constantly

Issue - Spotify webplayer pausing songs constantly

I use spotify web player on chrome and it is continuously pausing my songs. This has become very irritating. I already tried clearing cache from my browser but the issue persists. Please help.

I have a free plan and use an acer laptop.

5 Replies

Hey @classyhoe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

Even if you have already cleared the cache, sometimes this process doesn't delete all the files that might be affecting the proper behavior of the web page. In this case, we'd first recommend checking in an incognito/private window to see if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if using another browser makes any difference?

Lastly, if the issue persists, check if you have any active VPN. If so, turn it off and try again. This will give us a better look at the issue.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your reply! I tried it on an incognoto window and it seemed to have worked fine. Tried it again on a normal tab and it is pausing less but the issue persists. Tried it on Edge and I have no problem so the issue is with chrome. Thanks for your help 🙂 if you could find a solution to as to what causes it on chrome I would appreciate it as it is the browser I use the most. Tks

Update: played a few songs on Edge and the same issue is going on. As for VPN it was turned off all throughout so I really have no idea what is causing it. Good night!

Update: played a few songs on Edge and the same issue is going on. As for VPN it was turned off all throughout so I really have no idea what is causing it. Good night!

Hey there, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

If the issue persists, we'd recommend removing your hosts file. Head here to find out how.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts