Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan video player freezes.. why are there ads on PREMIUM?

Joe Rogan video player freezes.. why are there ads on PREMIUM?

Attempted to watch an episode for the first time on my Spotify Premium, video player completely froze 10 minutes in. Couldn't get it to recover. I backed up the playhead then it cut to 3 different advertisements which are separate Spotify files.. I skip them, but then it just freezes. It never goes back to the episode. I gave up. I couldn't even watch the episode that I'm PAYING FOR.  Why are there ADS on PREMIUM? I'm PAYING to NOT HAVE ADS..

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop application

Operating System

Windows 10

2 Replies

Hey there @Madferret,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We'll be happy to shed some light on the ads situation; the podcast hosts are given the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast. You can find more info on this here. Some creators seem to be using that option but that is not something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We recommend checking this idea and adding your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it. You can learn more about how ideas reach the right teams here.

Regarding the freezing, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in. If that doesn't do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Also, make sure that Spotify is whitelisted on your firewall/antivirus to avoid any interference.

Keep us posted on how it goes. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'll just watch the clips on Youtube. I don't see how Joe Rogan needs ad revenue when Spotify just paid $100 million for the podcast..

Suggested posts