Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

JustSomeOthrGuy

JustSomeOthrGuy

Account:  Premium

Laptop:  Windows 10

Software version:  1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 (Windows Store version)

Echo:      Amazon Echo Dot

I had an issue recently where Spotify would not start up when launched.  It would keep closing just before it finally displayed the home Spotify screen.  I uninstalled Spotify, rebooted my laptop and then installed the latest version of Spotify.

Now almost everything is working great for Spotify Connect.  I can play Spotify music on my laptop and play it from my Echo's speakers.  I can skip forward and back but I cannot control the volume of the echo from my laptop anymore.

When I do the keyboard shortcuts for the skip forward/back the song that is playing is displayed in the top left of the screen like before along with the volume indicator.  When I do the keyboard shortcut to raise/lower the volume, the only volume that changes is my laptop speaker volume (which is not in use as music is playing on the echo).

I have tried to change volume from the Windows 10 taskbar (the speaker icon used to have a drop-down box to choose the Echo, but no more) but it only lists my laptop speaker now.  If I connect headphones, the drop-down box will then list the headphones while they are connected.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this feature working again.

I know it's not via Bluetooth as I attached the echo that way and that simply redirects my laptop system sounds/speakers output to the echo, which is not what I want.

What the duck am I missing??

0 Replies

Suggested posts