Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps Signing Me Out Of Last.fm

Keeps Signing Me Out Of Last.fm

I've had a problem in the past where Spotify will say 'unknown reply from server' next to where the last.fm login details are, and if I was already listening to music it'll queue those songs and scrobble them later when the sign in is restored. However lately it seems that every time I put my computer to sleep it has this error and doesn't scrobble the queue songs anymore.

It's not the biggest issue, but I'd rather not have to signin to last.fm everytime I turn my computer back on.

4 Replies

There might be a conflict with old cookies stored in your browser cache, either from Spotify or from Last.fm, so you could try to manually delete all related cookies from the cache. Or logging out of Last.fm and in again should at least reset all Last.fm cookies in your browser. You might also remove the authorised Last.fm for Spotify app in your Last.fm personal application settings (in case you use it) to force a new authorisation process.

As far as I know, the cached scrobbles are only cached either in RAM or in a temporary file, not in a permanent list, so it's normal that they are gone when restarting the desktop software or your computer.

I've got the same situation here with Last.fm app on Spotify. I keep logging me out once I turn off my computer/ closed Spotify and I have to re-enter username + pass everytime I check the app. The Scrobble is working fine to me though.

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I logged out of last.fm and cleared the cookies for it, then logged back in and restarted spotify and it seems to have worked for now. Hopefully it sticks. Thanks!

Suggested posts