Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LOTS of crackles and micropauses

LOTS of crackles and micropauses

I have found several feeds on this forum (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Premium-Crackling-Stuttering/td-p/104295) and others reporting the same problem. Several suggested solves like reinstallation, uninstalling realtek drivers and installing the general audio drivers from windows, allowing all trafic in firewall, etc. None of it worked with me, so I am starting it again here, because clearly the bug is NOT fixed. I already tried to deactivate the firewall and antivirus activites, but the problem persisted.

Specifically with spotify, I hear crackles and micropauses, which anihilate the audio experience. If one can try to forgive when it's not that bad, sometimes it gets really worse and it's impossible to hear adequately music without it getting on one's nerves...!

The intensity of the crackling is clearly correlated with internet traffic usage at each moment (when it gets worse is while I am downloading something, and the moments where it almost stops are when I open a new webpage for instance).

Please.... help.

I am using an ASUS notebook X555LJ with windows 10, over a private wireless connection, everything up to date, including motherboard/BIOS.

1 Reply

I want to retract the previous post, as I have found out that the problem is external to spotify.

Suggested posts