Large playlist keeps restarting

Solved!

Large playlist keeps restarting

Plan

Paid standard

Country

UK

Device/Operating System

Samsung Galaxy 9 (Android Pie), Toshiba Portege laptop. (Windows 10 64 bit), Dell Optiplex (Linux mint), Dell Optiplex (Windows 7 64 bit)

My Question or Issue

When playing this playlist it will keep going back to the first track with no shuffle on. This keeps happening and is very annoying!

spotify:user:lumpyn:playlist:1uicZH9ZKJE0DIfLwGNVSi

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting about this.

We have an Ongoing issue about what you seem to be experiencing. You can take a look here to see what troubleshooting steps you can try.

We'd also recommend leaving a +Vote and a comment with your info. We'll keep everyone posted on the status of the issue on that page.

Keep an eye out for updates. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey @Sebp99, thanks for writing!

What devices are you using besides your Galaxy 9? Does it happen in all of them?

What about other playlists, do they show this same behavior?

BittencourtSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm primarily playing from two systems, one an old Dell Optiplex 740 running Linux Mint and the other another Dell system running Windows 7. I usually start the playlist from my Toshiba Portege Z30 A running Windows 10 and have it play out of either of those other PCs with Spotify connect. Im not so sure it's anything to do with the somewhat niche systems as Im pretty sure this has happened at another place where I use my account with different systems. 

Ok @Sebp99,

In this case can you please tell me the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

The more information the better, like: do you have shuffle on? Have you checked if your Queue is empty? How many songs are played in the correct order until the first one repeats?

Also, have you tried reinstalling the app?

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I open the mentioned large playlist on my Toshiba laptop. I click on a song in the list, say half way down. I press connect to a decide and I select either of my two pcs which have speakers. The playlist plays ok for a few songs then randomly returns to the first song. I've tried initiating the play from the listening device and it still does this randomly. 

I tried playing with just the listening pc connected and using my phone to skip, etc and it didn't seem to reoccur. So I'm guessing it's an issue with Spotify connect and one or two pcs. 

The queue is full of songs from the palylist as expected. Shuffle is not on.

I haven't tried reinstalling no. I'm not sure this would help as like I said it does the same on another set of devices.

Thanks, @Sebp99.

I guess it could have something to do with Spotify Connect.

When using it, Spotify sends songs in packets of 20. Could you please check if this happens to happen after the 20th song, or is it random?

Also, I'd still recommend the reinstallation of the app, just in case.

BittencourtSpotify Star

No it's random. Sometimes after 1 song, sometimes after a few songs. I've tried reinstalling on my PC and so far so good. Will keep you posted if this solves it.

I see, @Sebp99.

Well ok then, I'll wait for your update on this one 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

So I reinstalled on all my devices and it seemed ok for a while and then it
just happened again...

Hey @Sebp99,

That's odd. Could you please tell me if it still happens after you drag all songs into one of your own playlists?

This can be done easily via your PC. This will tell us if there's something wrong with the playlist itself.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Edit: I did as you said and copied them all to a new playlist.

Again, seemed ok for a while then I added a song to my library from itit a the next one it went back to the start. Can anyone else try playing a playlist with 900+ songs and see if it keeps restarting randomly?

Hey @Sebp99,

The playlist works just fine for me. I did notice that it has a few unavailable tracks and was wondering if it restarts whenever it encounters one of those.

So could you please hide unplayable tracks in the settings, on all of your devices?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey @Sebp99,

So, do you have any news on the issue?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Sorry haven't had a chance to look at what you suggested as yet. I don't think I have that setting enabled. But if it was that the playlist would always return to the beginning at the same point in the list, which it doesn't. It's totally random. 

I'm have a similar experience.  My like playlist has over a thousand songs i'll pick a random song from the list and within 1 to 3 songs it starts from the beginning.

**bleep** im glad im not the only one, this has been happening to me for the past week.
It's getting really annoying as I'm trying to listen through my likes playlist and I'll pause it on whatever song it's on, continue it later in the day (or the next) and it will play the song I left (or a song or two later) but then restart from the beginning! 😕

The playlist that keeps restarting is my liked songs. Issue has been happening for a few days and it's on my current and old phone. My iPad seems to be playing music in the order that's in the queue.

Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting about this.

We have an Ongoing issue about what you seem to be experiencing. You can take a look here to see what troubleshooting steps you can try.

We'd also recommend leaving a +Vote and a comment with your info. We'll keep everyone posted on the status of the issue on that page.

Keep an eye out for updates. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue. I have a large Playlist which is techinally my liked songs of 950+ songs and everytime after a few songs played in order for any format (eg title, artist, albums) the Playlist would restart and the first song would play again. What is interesting is that when it restarts to the first song, it will always be in the recently added format. 

Suggested posts