Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

We can't play this until you allow this track in the spotify phone app - Posted solution didn't work

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWe can't play this until you allow this track in the spotify phone app When trying to play Akasha by Divination. Liking and unlike the track in the phone app di...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue We can't play this until you allow this track in the spotify phone app When trying t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album Artwork

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn the playlist I have for the albuns the image of the covers but when enlarge the image to full screen I don´t have any image. How can I have the image of the cover?I se...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On the playlist I have for the albuns the image of the covers but when enlarge the image ...
  • nahyden69
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Dislike Song - Particular Version or Global

I want to dislike a song, but only the particular song. For instance, I just heard a cover version of "Midnight Special" i don't like even though the original is good. If I dislike the cover, would you exclude other versions of that same song?

• Casual Listener
  • I want to dislike a song, but only the particular song.  For instance, I just heard a cover version of "Midnight Special" i don't like even though the original is good.  If I dislike the co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Playlist does not have all selected songs

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceToshiba LaptopOperating SystemWindows 8 My Question or IssueI do the following:- Select "Liked Songs" from Library- Ctrl-A to select all songs (Approximately 3200 songs selected)- Right Click -> Add To Playlist -> New Play...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Toshiba Laptop Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue I do the following: - Select "Liked Songs" from Library - Ctrl-A to select a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows Player
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Media Keys on keyboard and mouse don't work when Show desktop overlay is on

When show desktop overlay when using media keys is on the media keys dont work on mouse or keyboard i dont have google music on chrome and ive tried reinstalling it seemed to not work after the new windows 10 update

• Casual Listener
  • When show desktop overlay when using media keys is on the media keys dont work on mouse or keyboard i dont have google music on chrome and ive tried reinstalling it seemed to not work after the new w...
  • m3rcuri
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant drag songs from my PC library into Spotify playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWin10 My Question or Issue This has been happening now for a year or so, but I've been dealing with it. I finally got to a point where I need it fixed or I'm going to switch everything to Google Play....

• Casual Listener
  • ...ssue and I'm not sure what changed.  So far, I haven't been able to find many solutions.  The one I've tried is switching the playlist from public to secret, and back to public again. This h...
  • Arstinince
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is this still not fixed? Spotify keeps auto-starting up with Windows

Every time Spotify desktop client updates, the "Auto-start with Windows" gets toggled back on. This has been a problem with Spotify for years and is still not fixed. Why isn't it fixed? I keep disabling Spotify from startup with Windows, and it keeps...

• Gig Goer
  • Every time Spotify desktop client updates, the "Auto-start with Windows" gets toggled back on. This has been a problem with Spotify for years and is still not fixed. Why isn't it fixed? I keep disabl...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone inadvertently lowers PC app volume

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePC and Galaxy S9Operating SystemOn PC - Windows 10 OS build 14393.969PC Spotify App build 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9 Galaxy S9 OS Android 9Spotify App on phone version 8.5.27.957 My Question or IssueWhen I lay my phone on the wirel...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC and Galaxy S9 Operating System On PC - Windows 10 OS build 14393.969 PC Spotify App build 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9   Galaxy S9 OS Android 9 Spot...
  • sander386
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded music dissapeared

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceLenovo B590Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro Hi! I have a problem. My saved music dissapeared. I had this issue before, but I ignored it, because I thought it was a problem connected with my overloaded OS I re-installed sys...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Lenovo B590 Operating System Windows 10 Pro   Hi! I have a problem. My saved music dissapeared. I had this issue before, but I ignored it, because I t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music's in playlist don't appear on PC but in phone appers

PlanFreeCountryPortugalDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy spotify started buged everytime i changed app so I reininstall it.It only get worse. Now my playlist apper's without any music. I go to spotify on my phone (Iphone 6s) ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Portugal Device PC Operating System   Windows 10   My Question or Issue My spotify started buged everytime i changed app so I reininstall it. It only get worse...
  • Tnunes1702
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add podcasts to a playlist and shuffle through all of them.

Currently I'm learning japanese and I'd like to use podcasts as "background noise" while I work.For that purpose, I found several podcasts that are in japanese.How can I create a playlist that includes all episodes of all podcasts and shuffles throug...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently I'm learning japanese and I'd like to use podcasts as "background noise" while I work. For that purpose, I found several podcasts that are in japanese. How can I create a playlist that in...
  • MattDeox
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify

Valley of the KingsRitual l can not play it way 

• Music Fan
  • Valley of the Kings Ritual l can not play it way 
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY BROWSE WORKS,BUT NOT SPOTIFY APP.

PlanFreeCountryFinlandDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issuehello. i was testing out Spotify Browse because Spotify app says ''Can't play current song'' and Browse works. can you fix the cant play current song glitch?? Spotify ap...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Finland Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue hello.   i was testing out Spotify Browse because Spotify app says ''Can't play current song'...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps creating .FILE files on my computer!

For a while .FILE files have been automatically creating themselves in My Documents (specifically the folder where I keep my mp3s). When I try deleting them (about 3GB appears each day), some of them can't be deleted because 'the file is open in Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • For a while .FILE files have been automatically creating themselves in My Documents (specifically the folder where I keep my mp3s). When I try deleting them (about 3GB appears each day), some of th...
  • GussyL
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help with Cortana

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDevicePcOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI have linked cortana with spotify(downloaded from microsoft store) through the notebook option.The problem is that when i give the command she is not able to start the so...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Italy Device Pc Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have linked cortana with spotify(downloaded from microsoft store) through the no...
  • tiglat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cortana does not play when I tell her to

PlanPremiumCountryGermany (PC is set to US)DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI linked Cortana to Spotify, but for some reason she only responds to "Play" "Stop" and "Next" and only in the current playlist.Ask for a specific song ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany (PC is set to US) Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I linked Cortana to Spotify, but for some reason she only responds to "Play"...
  • tiglat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cortana not playing a song on demand but can stop and resume just fine

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevicePC, Windows app store, SpotifyOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro 64bit My Question or Issuei cant figure if its cortana or spotify not properly playing my requests, but when i query a resume or pause it works just fine, al...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device PC, Windows app store, Spotify Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64bit   My Question or Issue i cant figure if its cortana or spotify not properly pl...
  • tiglat
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Problem Between Google Maps & Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryAE DeviceHuawei 10 plusOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issuein googl maps when i press over spotify popup icon gives me this error ( To play music , you need to connect to spotify when it's safe to do so ) could someone hel...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country AE   Device Huawei 10 plus Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue in googl maps when i press over spotify popup icon gives me this error ( To play...
  • Kareem_Figo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    google maps
    problem
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CAN'T PLAY THE CURRENT SONG

PlanFreeCountrySlovenia- but VPN (Poland)DevicePC- windows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 home My Question or IssueI'm getting this issue: can't play the current song. I try all i found in forum, like turning off hardware aceleration, or cleaning cache...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Slovenia- but VPN (Poland) Device PC- windows 10 Operating System Windows 10 home   My Question or Issue I'm getting this issue: can't play the current song. I try al...
  • lukahrovat
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

''Hide this song'' button does not work and has no UI effect

PlanPremium FamilyCountrySwitzerlandDevice(Windows Client, Android App)Operating System(Windows 10, Android 9) My Question or IssueThe ''Hide this song'' button (also just bring back the dislike button please) in Playlist based Radios does nothing on...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country Switzerland Device (Windows Client, Android App) Operating System (Windows 10, Android 9)   My Question or Issue The ''Hide this song'' button (also just br...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes