Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution The app closes without letting me log in.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueI know there are a lot of these kind of posts, but none had the right answer to my problem.Basically, the app does open but it starts blinking and closes before I can do ...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue I know there are a lot of these kind of posts, but none had the right answer to my problem. Basicall...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify adding the music I listen to to the playlist I don't want it to.

Alright so, on the Windows desktop app, I created a playlist entitled "Stream" and it's made for, you guessed it, being a background music when I'm streaming games. However, I made another playlist entitled "Stream metal" that's made for, you guessed...

• Casual Listener
  • Alright so, on the Windows desktop app, I created a playlist entitled "Stream" and it's made for, you guessed it, being a background music when I'm streaming games. However, I made another playlist e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files and My Songs

PlanPremiumDeviceWindows Computer and Android Smartphone My Question or IssueHi,I have a song ( a Mash-Up ) I really like and would like to pass to the "my songs" automatic playlist. The things is that it seems that it's possible but only with playli...

• Plan Premium Device Windows Computer and Android Smartphone   My Question or Issue Hi, I have a song ( a Mash-Up ) I really like and would like to pass to the "my songs" automatic playlis...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify works on my phone but not on windows desktop

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceHPOperating SystemWindow 10 My Question or IssueI got a new computer and spotify was working great. Then all of a sudden it doesn't show me music in my playlists, it doesn't let me add music to a playlist, it won't let me list...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device HP Operating System Window 10   My Question or Issue I got a new computer and spotify was working great. Then all of a sudden it doesn't show me mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Desktop
    Music not playing
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see favorites

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating System My Question or IssueI am using the online version of Spotify and my favorites list is being limited, I can only see up to about 60 songs when I can surely say I have more than 200. However, when I put o...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System     My Question or Issue I am using the online version of Spotify and my favorites list is being limited, I can onl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Windows client will not open, windows 8

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindow 8 My Question or IssueSpotify will not start/open. When I try to start spotify the window will not open, and no processes are run. Spotify process starts briefly and then quits, no window sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop Operating System Window 8   My Question or Issue Spotify will not start/open. When I try to start spotify the window will not open, and no ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Your Music] Album view only shows albums where every song has been saved.

Only albums that have been completely saved show up in the albums tab on Your Music, all the other songs are saved and show up on songs and artists, but not in albums. Album view is the easiest way to see all the songs I have saved and I really would...

• Only albums that have been completely saved show up in the albums tab on Your Music, all the other songs are saved and show up on songs and artists, but not in albums. Album view is the easiest way t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

changing cover on collaborative playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPuerto Rico DeviceDell Inspiron 11Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible to change the cover of my friend’s collaborative playlist?

• Plan Premium Country Puerto Rico  Device Dell Inspiron 11 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible to change the cover of my friend’s collaborative playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ONGOING ERROR AT REBOOT: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) ..Many Affected!

I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows. This is a real issue (and super-annoying), partly because it interferes with automatic Windows Updates etc. ...

• Music Fan
  • I get error " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows.   This is a real issue (and super-annoying), par...
  • firewall1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0xc0000022
    customers getting irate
    Error
    problem
    reboot
    unable to start
    Unsolved
    Windows 7
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Strange behavior after turning screen on

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceASUS ZenBook UX410UA (Intel i7-7500U, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD)Operating SystemWindows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763.503Spotify1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows Store version) My Question or IssueHello, I have some problem with the ...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device ASUS ZenBook UX410UA (Intel i7-7500U, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD) Operating System Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763.503 Spotify 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play songs except the songs already in my playlists

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, recently there has occured a problem on my mum´s premium account. She cant play songs that are not in her playlists or favourites. This problem is only on PC, her sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, recently there has occured a problem on my mum´s premium account. She cant play songs tha...
  • gzujop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cant play music
    cant play songs
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant Search all tracks of an artist

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceTOSHIBAOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHello people i have a little but a big problem for mefor about 2 weeks i cant search all tracks of an artistit gives me 100 songs and keep loading and dont do nothingsince ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device TOSHIBA Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hello people i have a little but a big problem for me for about 2 weeks i cant sea...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution label search doenst load all the albums

Hello Label search on the spotify app and spotify web doesnt load all the albums anymore. A week ago i had much more album results? Sorry voor my bad english I use Windows 10 Apps al up to date I even reinstalled my computer

• Regular
  • Hello Label search on the spotify app and spotify web doesnt load all the albums anymore. A week ago i had much more album results? Sorry voor my bad english I use Windows 10 Apps al up to date I eve...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution An internal exception occured

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWin10 My Question or Issuei have a fresh install of windows on my main c drive and it works fine but when i pluged in my other HDD ,that has never had windows installed on it and only used as data backup, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue i have a fresh install of windows on my main c drive and it works fine but when i pluged in my other HD...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Filtering by User on Collaborative Playlists Causes the Playlist to Play in Incorrect Order

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHuwaei Matebook DOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen filtering a collaborative playlist list by "user" (the user who added songs to the playlist) with shuffle play turned off, songs are played in a seemingly r...

normalunfiltered.PNG normalunfilteredqueue.PNG filteredbydate.PNG filteredbydatequeue.PNG
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Huwaei Matebook D Operating System Windo ws 10 My Question or Issue When filtering a collaborative playlist list by "user" (the user who added songs to the pl...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Devices

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDevice(HP EliteBook)Operating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueI'm listening to music on my laptop, and I've seen another device join on my Spotify account. I don't know how, but he/she can listen to music on my account ...

•   Plan Premium Country Hungary Device (HP EliteBook) Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue I'm listening to music on my laptop, and I've seen another device join on...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play grayed out songs?

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueJust wondering if there was a reason I cant play a grayed out song

Capture.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Just wondering if there was a reason I cant play a grayed out song
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Albums

There's like no where to open this thread about missing albums.I know that sometimes Spotify removes albums for stuff like permissions , licenses**bleep** like that , but why does 2Pac Resurrection Explicit is missing?There is the clean version , the...

• There's like no where to open this thread about missing albums. I know that sometimes Spotify removes albums for stuff like permissions , licenses**bleep** like that , but why does 2Pac Resurrection...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesnt stop playing after i pull out earplugs

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceHuawei Matebook DOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So recently my app has not been pausing my music every time i unplugged my earplugs from the aux in connection on my pc. It started recently and i found o...

• Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Huawei Matebook D Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   So recently my app has not been pausing my music every time i unplugged...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio channel is just a cripled playlist

Just wanted to ask about how is "Radio" list called radio ?When it is just a normal playlist with crippled scrolling functionality!!!Anythime i visit radio - there is just the same list ...and it starts playing from the top as well..Can you make it t...

• Regular
  • Just wanted to ask about how is "Radio" list called radio ? When it is just a normal playlist with crippled scrolling functionality!!! Anythime i visit radio - there is just the same list ...and it...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes