Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

My music in my playlists are gone

I hopped on to spotify and all the music in my playlists were gone. I tried using the recover playlist option but nothing appeared. Please someone help.

• Visitor
  • I hopped on to spotify and all the music in my playlists were gone. I tried using the recover playlist option but nothing appeared. Please someone help.  
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Veränderung der Lautstärke WÄHREND dem Lied

Hi, ich habe folgendes Problem: Auf meinen Amazon Echo Geräten und auf allen Desktops auf denen ich Spotify bisher genutzt habe verändert sich die Lautstärke immer wieder VON SELBST und zwar MITTEN IM LIED. D.h. der Lautstärkeregler im Spotify Fenste...

• Visitor
  • Hi, ich habe folgendes Problem: Auf meinen Amazon Echo Geräten und auf allen Desktops auf denen ich Spotify bisher genutzt habe verändert sich die Lautstärke immer wieder VON SELBST und zwar MITTEN I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Grayed Out

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: Dell computerOperating System: Windows 10My Question or Issue: every now and then, there'd be a recommend album on my home page (today its Untold Tales, by Brian Auger And The Trinity), but when I go to play it ...

• Visitor
  • Plan:  Premium Country:  Australia Device:  Dell computer Operating System:  Windows 10 My Question or Issue:  every now and then, there'd be a recommend album ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify exists as an unkillable zombie process on my computer

I have a windows 10 computer and I recently tried to update my spotify, but I'm pretty sure the program simply crashed as it was taking a really long time. I decided to restart spotify, however, the same glitch happened again. I decided to force clos...

• Visitor
  • I have a windows 10 computer and I recently tried to update my spotify, but I'm pretty sure the program simply crashed as it was taking a really long time. I decided to restart spotify, however, the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t play tracks in order even when shuffle off. Ridiculous!!!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems on web page, and on deskop version.

Hello.PlanPremiumCountry-DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor a long time, I experience a few problems. Let's start with Windows desktop Spotify. Playing anything on a desktop app is impossible. All playlists are empty, when...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Plan Premium Country - Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For a long time, I experience a few problems. Let's start with Windows desktop Spotify. ...
  • Maksilot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

impossible to control volume on a second device

Plan: PremiumCountry: canada Device(iPhone 6, and PC My Question or IssueWhy I'm not able to control the sound with the Pc wile the Iphone is playing on a speaker

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: canada   Device (iPhone 6, and PC   My Question or Issue Why I'm not able to control the sound with the Pc wile the Iphone is playing on a speaker
  • moxeus
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app having weird problems

PlanFreeCountry RomaniaDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently, the Spotify desktop app started acting strangely. The first thing that I noticed was that it will not show "Listening to..." on discord when I used the desk...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country  Romania Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently, the Spotify desktop app started acting strangely. The first thing that I no...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Request - Universally Block an Artist or Song

We need a way to universally block an artist or song. The "don't like" option that is limited to only the Discover Weekly playlist is not sufficient. It needs to include Daily Mixes (and ideally everything else) as well.

• Regular
  • We need a way to universally block an artist or song.  The "don't like" option that is limited to only the Discover Weekly playlist is not sufficient.  It needs to include Daily Mixes (and ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

strem vs. downloaded files

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHello. I use a lot the Windows Desktop version at my job. I downloaded a few playlists and listen to them in offline mode. But I have a question. If I turn to onlin...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Computer Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hello. I use a lot the Windows Desktop version at my job. I downloaded a few playlists a...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically signing out

Plan - Premium FamilyCountry - USWindowsI'm trying to sign in on my windows PC, but every time I do, it automatically logs me out. I'll sign it, it will load, then a few seconds later it automatically signs out. Anyone else have this issue and find a...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Family Country - US Windows I'm trying to sign in on my windows PC, but every time I do, it automatically logs me out. I'll sign it, it will load, then a few seconds later it automa...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does the quiet setting on the audio normalization reduce the dynamics of the track?

I want to achieve the highest quality audio and equal volume at the same time. It's hard to listen on a playlist that has soft volume on one music and very loud on another. I read many things about the normalization compressing the track. Does the qu...

• Visitor
  • I want to achieve the highest quality audio and equal volume at the same time. It's hard to listen on a playlist that has soft volume on one music and very loud on another. I read many things about t...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop windows app: 1) filter explicit content, 2) switch off album artwork & videos

Spotify Premium. Windows desktop app. I have limited data, & I want to use Spotify in both family & professional environments. 1) Please enable an Explicit content filter - I play Spotify in our family home and I do NOT want my 8 & 9 year old daughte...

•   Spotify Premium. Windows desktop app.  I have limited data, & I want to use Spotify in both family & professional environments.    1)  Please enable an Explicit...
  • barrettabney
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Auto starting even when disabled

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue After checking and saving the setting to turn of auto start, the program still starts when I turn on my computer. The forums say to turn off an additional set...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  After checking and saving the setting to turn of auto start, the program...
  • socrates111
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

songs skipping non stop

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuei have spotify on 2 devices android and computerthe android spotify works well how ever in the com...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue i have spoti...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume slider is still glitching happen only with Desktop App.

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 ver. 1909 My Question or IssueThe volume slider is glitching, it jump around randomly look exactly like in the GIF above. It happen only with Desktop client on any my PC, web player is fine....

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Vietnam Device PC Operating System Windows 10 ver. 1909   My Question or Issue The volume slider is glitching, it jump around randomly look exactly like in the GIF...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pas de son dans Spotify PC

Bonjour, J'ai du son sur mon ordinateur, dans Youtube, je peux écouter ma musique dans Windows 10 1093, j'ai du son absolument de partout, sauf dans Spotify. Une réinstallation de Spotify ne change rien. Pouvez-vous m'aider ? Merci

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, J'ai du son sur mon ordinateur, dans Youtube, je peux écouter ma musique dans Windows 10 1093, j'ai du son absolument de partout, sauf dans Spotify. Une réinstallation de Spotify ne change r...
  • darklife59
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • son
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity not showing all of my friends

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFirst of all, I have already checked every setting on my end and on my friends end. All of our social settings are set to public and there should be no problem setting...

• Casual Listener
  • ...f our social settings are set to public and there should be no problem settings wise. Although, we have everything setup correctly, as far as i can tell, i cannot see her in my friend activity feed. I d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Extreme Audio Stutter - Unuseable

PlanPremium DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 So this began out of nowhere, and all steps I've taken to try to resolve seem to have made the issue worse. Absolutely no stuttering issue on my smartphone (iPhone X)Done everything i can find on the foru...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   So this began out of nowhere, and all steps I've taken to try to resolve seem to have made the issue worse. Absolutely no stutt...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

General Windows UX complaint

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktop PCOperating Systemwin 10 My Question or IssueThe best way to describe this UX design is overly complex and unresponsive. When I push pause it takes a solid 10 seconds to actually pause the music, if it does at all. W...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop PC Operating System win 10   My Question or Issue The best way to describe this UX design is overly complex and unresponsive.  When I push p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes