Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Falta de Opções e recursos na plataforma PC

PlanPremiumCountry BrasilDeviceComputador WindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUma coisa fundamental que falta no aplicativo de vocês para o computador seria a opção de poder colocar as musicas organizadas da maneira que desejarmos(a...

• Plan Premium Country  Brasil Device Computador Windows Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue Uma coisa fundamental que falta no aplicativo de vocês para o computador se...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Problems

Howdy,I am having some trouble with shuffling a playlist. I have seen similar topics but none with helpful answers. PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I had a playlist full with some albums and songs that...

• Howdy, I am having some trouble with shuffling a playlist. I have seen similar topics but none with helpful answers.   Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows Operating System Windows 1...
  • jeffherr7
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

How to add people to "See what your friends are playing" without facebook?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Note 4Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been looking for a way to add my friends, who do not have facebook, to my friends feed. I am following them and they are following me back. I know how to...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Note 4 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been looking for a way to add my friends, who do not have facebook, to my fri...
  • Brunelicia
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This playlist is currently empty

I have issue with a playlist that I use to listen to and sudennly one day, in the playlist showing "This playlist is currently empty" and i cant get it why, while i can see that there is a songs then i search this playlist on the internet (in open sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I have issue with a playlist that I use to listen to and sudennly one day, in the playlist showing "This playlist is currently empty" and i cant get it why, while i can see that there is a songs...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Friends Feed not showing

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceDell and Asus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 / Windows 8 My Question or IssueHi all,Since the last update I am having the classic issue again: I can't see my friends feed. I've been checking and they confirm they are ...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Dell and Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10 / Windows 8   My Question or Issue Hi all, Since the last update I am having the classic issue aga...
  • nan1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Certain songs won´t play

Operating SystemWindows 10Spotify Version1.0.99.250 My Question or IssueWell, since some days i have the problem that im not able to play some songs of random artist.After reinstalling Spotify it used to work but some days later it´s starting to do i...

•  Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version 1.0.99.250   My Question or Issue Well, since some days i have the problem that im not able to play some songs of random artist. A...
  • nan1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists can only show songs that I like.

So when I play Global Top 50 or Hip-Hop Central it only shows the song that I like.

• Casual Listener
  • So when I play Global Top 50 or Hip-Hop Central it only shows the song that I like.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Slider and Song Navigator slider does not work

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceAsus PC Operating SystemWindows 8 My Question or IssueMy volume slider and song navigator slider is not working at all. I drag it, it doesn't respond, I double click where I want it to go, it doesn't work. I've properly...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Asus PC  Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue My volume slider and song navigator slider is not working at all. I drag it, it...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error Code:2 attempting to login

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 My Spotify app on home PC stated it was not connected to the internet. I therefore uninstalled and reinstalled but now recive the attached error when logging in (Service is unavailable, pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device PC Operating System Windows 8   My Spotify app on home PC stated it was not connected to the internet. I therefore uninstalled and reins...
  • Xenia
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey Spotify, I think you guys broke something

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10IssueI can't get anything to play unless it is in my saved songs list or it was already in a previous created playlist. Anytime I trying to play something that isn't in one of the two I just get a black album cove...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 Issue I can't get anything to play unless it is in my saved songs list or it was already in a previous created playlist. Anytime I trying to play somet...
  • tica2227
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes

Playlists not syncing between devices

My playlists between my phone and windows 10 PC do not seem to sync. I have done some research and it seems as though this has been an issue for some users for quite some time how. How the heck has this not been fixed yet? Does anyone have a solution...

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists between my phone and windows 10 PC do not seem to sync. I have done some research and it seems as though this has been an issue for some users for quite some time how. How the heck has t...
  • sg97
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan - PremiumCountry - UKDevice - PC, Win 7This is a joke right? The file is a local file, how could I select it if it wasn't imported?This used to work just fine but now for some reason none of my local files will play.Loads of threads offer loads ...

• Regular
  • Plan - Premium Country - UK Device - PC, Win 7 This is a joke right? The file is a local file, how could I select it if it wasn't imported? This used to work just fine but now for some reason...
  • skattie22
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to turn off auto DJ feature

My Question or Issue How do I turn off the auto DJ feature? Not the crossfade feature, that is already switched off.

•   My Question or Issue  How do I turn off the auto DJ feature? Not the crossfade feature, that is already switched off.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue does not load full playlist

I have a playlist of about 250 songs. Queue does not load full playlist when I play a song in the playlist it just loads about 80 to 90 songs then stops playing when reaching the last song in the queue instead of adding the rest of the songs from the...

• Regular
  • I have a playlist of about 250 songs. Queue does not load full playlist when I play a song in the playlist it just loads about 80 to 90 songs then stops playing when reaching the last song in the que...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Certain songs/albums won't play

PlanFreeCountry PortugalDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 This started happening about 1-2 weeks ago, where specific songs won't play, seemingly all from the same album. The albums I can and can't play seem to change from restart to restart too. Whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Portugal Device PC Operating System Windows 10   This started happening about 1-2 weeks ago, where specific songs won't play, seemingly all from the same album. ...
  • Jagger425
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Player when phone is locked

Hello, Yesterday when I first locked the phone and looked at the player it had some great colors that were most likely the colors of the album of the song that was playing.Unfortunately, shortly after I installed an update (EMUI 9.0.0.160, the phone ...

• Hello,   Yesterday when I first locked the phone and looked at the player it had some great colors that were most likely the colors of the album of the song that was playing. Unfortunately, s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs won't start playing

Premium User - Greece Dell LaptopWindows 7 I'm unable to play certain songs on my laptop app, even though they normally play when using my android app. Changing devices from android to windows will also stop the tracks playing and changing from windo...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium User - Greece   Dell Laptop Windows 7   I'm unable to play certain songs on my laptop app, even though they normally play when using my android app. Changing ...
  • KMOX4
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes on laptop for 5-10 seconds

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceACER Aspire 10 months oldOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue It freezes unannaounced stopping music. I have to wait or refresh. It happens on both ACER laptops I own. On 2 separate WiFis. One is a business Wif...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device ACER Aspire 10 months old Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  It freezes unannaounced stopping music. I have to wait or r...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Screen tearing?

PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or Issue Spotify is having issues with displaying the tab as a whole and ends up showing parts of the screen in places where my mouse resides.

• Premium Country  United States Device Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue  Spotify is having issues with displaying the tab as a whole and ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify still wont play some songs.

My Question or IssueAlthough my windows pc updated. The thing is still not sloved. As such i gotta keep reinstalling spotify when it does it. Also i get a disconnecting sound when i start windows.

• Roadie
  •   My Question or Issue Although my windows pc updated. The thing is still not sloved. As such i gotta keep reinstalling spotify when it does it. Also i get a disconnecting sound when i start w...
  • KMOX4
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes