Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last.fm scrobbling not saving.

Solved!

Last.fm scrobbling not saving.

For the past few days, my last.fm has not been logging my listening. When I'm listening to a song, it shows as playing but when the song changes last.fm just shows the new track as 'Scrobbling now' without saving the previous. I've logged out and in of both Spotify and Last.fm and changed the passwords for them but still no change. Has anyone else experienced this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @jennyhanivers and @balumcarnes ! 🙂

If you didn't receive the email from Last.Fm I'd check your Spam/Junk folder.

I attached a copy of the one I received this morning just as reference for what was sent to all registered users.

You can also go to the Last.FM site directly and connect it manually (Profile>settings>applications) if you didn't get the email since that is how I ended up fixing it yesterday morning before they sent it. 🙂

View solution in original post

unnamed.jpg
12 Replies

It's not just you; I came on here for that exact same issue. I've tried the same things, with no luck. It must be a glitch from the recent update. It works if you're using the mobile app though.

Hi @balumcarnes and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Yes, this exact same issue happened to me yesterday morning when I updated my iPhone app. Those were also part of the steps I took.  But I’m just curious if you also reconnected the Spotify Scrobbler on Last’s website? It’s on the settings-applications tab. Apparently they updated it recently and just sent an email this morning to reconnect to the latest version.

Hopefully you can get back to scrobbling in no time! 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi @jennyhanivers and @balumcarnes ! 🙂

If you didn't receive the email from Last.Fm I'd check your Spam/Junk folder.

I attached a copy of the one I received this morning just as reference for what was sent to all registered users.

You can also go to the Last.FM site directly and connect it manually (Profile>settings>applications) if you didn't get the email since that is how I ended up fixing it yesterday morning before they sent it. 🙂

unnamed.jpg

That's right, thank you for posting an update. By the way, you can still see the "Scrobbling now" track with yellow background in the Recent Tracks list on your Last.fm profile, but that is rather misleading, because the scrobble will not get submitted anymore and simply disappear while the next track is shown as "Scrobbling now". So please use the new Last.fm feature in your applications settings instead and not the internal scrobbling option in your Spotify apps.

same is happening to me and it is oh so irritating. i've tried everything to fix it and nothing is working aghhhh

Thanks a lot! It works again.

I have the Spotify app connected in my last.fm settings and scrobbling from desktop just randomly stopped. I tried disconnecting and re-connecting the app in last.fm but nothing happens. Honestly, this new update is getting on my nerves. Any tricks that will fix this?

Edit: It is working now. Probably needed some time after re-connecting.

This problem started on Friday the 11th of May, 2018 at 12:33pm GMT+2 for me.

TL:DR

Disconnect the LastFM setting in your mobile app(s) and desktop app(s), and then disconnect the Spotify and Spotify Premium links on the LastFM settings pages. Refresh the LastFM page, and then reconnect your Spotify account. Give it around 30 minutes, and it then suddenly starts working.

Long version:

I have tried logging out of everything and back into everything, did not change anything. Disconnected the apps on LastFM side and reconnected, nothing. Discord Rich Presence was also failing, removed my Spotify account from there and re-added, and it fixed that part at least. I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the in-app setting in the Android mobile app, also did not work. I did the same thing for the Windows desktop app, also no result. I am still stuck only seeing the currently scrobbling item, and when it runs over to the next track, it only REPLACES the current track.

Then, suddenly, it just started working. I then backtracked my steps and tested again from scratch, and came to the result explained in the TL:DR section above.

Hope it works for you guys struggling.

I did this and it worked for a day. Now it's back to showing what I'm playing but not saving the scrobble. I tried disconnecting and re-connecting, nothing works.

Hi @Joybbyu and @HowlinWulf ! 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having issues still with the connection.

Have you already taken a look at Last.Fm's announcement and support page? If none of their options are working for you there's a way to contact them directly to have them check into it.
Good luck and I hope you can get it working again! 😄

I noted the other answers in this thread but I have already taken the action requested in the last.fm email. Everything was scrobbling fine until a few hours ago when I too now see that track currently playing on Spotify in my last.fm profile, but that track does not get 'saved' to last.fm when it finishes. I have unconnected/reconnected Spotify in the Applications section of my Settings, and logged out/in of my Spotify account on both my desktop and my mobile but the problem still exists. Any other suggestions please?

See this latest staff reply in the related announcement thread on Get Satisfaction.

Suggested posts