Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Missing

Local Files Missing

Recently, as of yesterday, noticed some discrepancies between my desktop Spotify and my mobile. Exactly 30 of my 153 local files, kept in a 'DOWNLOADS' playlist, randomly stopped showing up in my desktop playlists.

(As a note I do have a 154th track in that playlist that is from Spotify itself to keep the playlist valid for viewing on mobile)

TROUBLESHOOTING PERFORMED

• Logged out and back in again
  • Restarted the program (Also performed this step between/after each individual step as well)
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled
  • Restarted PC
  • Deleted the local-files.bnk from appdata\roaming\spotify\users\#####-user
  • Deleted the index.dat appdata\local\spotify\storage
  • Disabled and re-enabled the local files from settings
  • Moved tracks out of, and back into, local files folder
  • Changed local files folder to a new destination

The only thing that fixed the issue was me finally just comparing my mobile downloads playlist with my desktop, removing all the 'missing' files from my mobile app (Including each playlist in the case where the tracks were in several), and then re-adding them from my local files entirely.

I know there are other topics from other users experiencing similar issues but all of those solutions have been followed above and nothing worked. Is there anybody else experiencing issues with just some of their local files vanishing from their desktop playlists? Do we know why it's happening? Is there some other fix that I missed/overlooked?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 7 64bit

0 Replies

Suggested posts