Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files either not working or not appearing

Solved!

Local Files either not working or not appearing

Hey guys, so lately I've been having problems with the local files that I was trying to play in Spotify. I have an extra folder for the music I want to import to Spotify and I did put it as a source in Spotify itself. Some songs I put into the folder get implemented just fine and I can play them instantly, but some don't show up, or show up and can't be played over Spotify. The songs that actually show up but don't play work on my phone though. I've been trying to find a solution for a long time but can't find anything helpful. 

Would appreciate help, thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

So, as I can see you are having issues with porting your local music to your phone? Or is it that some songs can't be imported to Spotify? Or is it both?

I'll try to help you with both.

If you can't import files into Spotify, make sure they are either MP3 files or Next-gen AAC (like m4a or mp4 without video).

If you can't play music imported to a playlist with your phone try the following:

1. While playing music on your pc, open Spotify on your phone
  2. Change device to your phone and with your PC try clicking on the song. It should be streaming.

If it fails to stream and download, try re-downloading the playlist on your phone. It worked for me with my LG G2 w/ KK 4.4.2.

If I failed to understand, please give more details 😉

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

So, as I can see you are having issues with porting your local music to your phone? Or is it that some songs can't be imported to Spotify? Or is it both?

I'll try to help you with both.

If you can't import files into Spotify, make sure they are either MP3 files or Next-gen AAC (like m4a or mp4 without video).

If you can't play music imported to a playlist with your phone try the following:

1. While playing music on your pc, open Spotify on your phone
  2. Change device to your phone and with your PC try clicking on the song. It should be streaming.

If it fails to stream and download, try re-downloading the playlist on your phone. It worked for me with my LG G2 w/ KK 4.4.2.

If I failed to understand, please give more details 😉

Have a nice day!

hey there.. im also having a hard time when it comes to Local Files.. on the PC it \s very tempermental as to whether or not it wants to sync.. but when it comes to my iphone it wont sync any of them at all... for only a few days i went from premium to free then went back to premium again.. it was only since i went free gone back premium that ive had this issue.. first time premium it all worked fine.. what could have affected me this time? any ideas hints or anything are welcome as half my songs are from local files. thank you

Make sure your music is either in Downloads folder o Music Folder and its' extensions are either mp3, m4a or mp4. When it comes to iPhone, I can't comment. Try streaming music with your pc and force the iPhone to download all over the playlist I guess. I am not experienced in iOS or related.

Good luck!

Suggested posts