Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files not playing at all

Solved!

Local files not playing at all

Since a few weeks ago my local files haven't been working at all (.mp3-files) if play the files with another player they work but when I add them to spotify playlist, nothing at all happens when i click on it. It doesn't show any error nor even trying to play the song. It just stops at 0:00 and is not moving.

This happens as well when I'm listning on a playlist with streamed songs and a local files comes up, it just stops at the local file and nothing happens and everything went quiet.

On my mobile devices everything works perfectly.

I have a premium account and are running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, I also have the latest spotify version: 0.8.2.572.geb65f9ac

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Christer

27 Replies

installing codecs worked for me too.

same for me!

My Quicktime is up to date and installing codecs did not work - I'm a premium customer on windows 7.

Its crap i can't add local files to my playlists. Why does this keep happening?

Same happening here, Spotify isn't reading "Date Added" on any of my files since I updated, and refuses to play ANY of my local files, even if they're synced to spotifys catalogue.

hopefully this .gif helps

Problem

OK so reinstalling seemed to fix the "Date Added" column, though this usually desyncs itself somehow and will disappear in a week.

But my tracks still aren't playing no matter what I do, plain old MP3 files, all were playable about a day or two ago on Spotify.

Problem2

I have got the same problem. Local files wont play. Tried installing the MP3 codec without success, even tried readding the local files.

Exactly the same problem here. Using Yosemite 10.10.5. Too bad. I wanted to replace Apple Music with Spotify for playing local files too.

When I loaded them They all worked fine and now no local files play. This is not what I paid for. Thinking about going back to YOUTUBE RED.

Suggested posts