Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Won't Open

Spotify Won't Open

I have Spotify downloaded on my Windows HP work computer and the app has opened and worked just fine until today, when I recieved the below message pop-up box on my screen (image also attached):

Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthreads-I1-1-2.dII'. Please, re-install this application.

I have tried to uninstall it and my computer will not, and I have also tried to re-install it from the internet but the same message comes up after I "Run" the installation application.

Please help, I dont get why it all of a sudden just stopped working.

Thanks.

Spotify Alert Window.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @SMBennett

There seems to be an issue with the newest version of Spotify looking for a .dll that doesn't exist on any Win7 machines.

An Issue thread has been created for this and more information is needed, so please head over here. Updates on this error will be posted there. Also, Spotify has been informed about this issue and they're looking into it.

Uninstalling can be done using Revo Uninstaller as well as manually deleting Spotify folders from %AppData% (Roaming and Local), since it seems it's impossible through Control Panel.

Reinstalling the client works at the moment because the previous version is initially installed.

So the current workarounds are either an older client or using the web player on open.spotify.com.

Hopefully there will be a fix very soon! 🙂

Suggested posts