Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

The boolean sliders under preferences extend incorrectly

As you can see in the attachment, when the option is enabled, and you hold, it extends to the right instead of the left.I assume this is by mistake.

• Casual Listener
  • As you can see in the attachment, when the option is enabled, and you hold, it extends to the right instead of the left. I assume this is by mistake.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover Weekly gone?

Where have Discover Weekly playlist gone on Windows client (1.0.64.399.g4637b02a)? I don't see it in discover page. However it is still in Android client.

• Casual Listener
  • Where have Discover Weekly playlist gone on Windows client (1.0.64.399.g4637b02a)? I don't see it in discover page. However it is still in Android client.
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio missing

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to play a radio station based on the artist. Every article says to click on 'radio'. There is no 'radio'! All of the screenshots show what I assume is an older version of spotify. This is true for both...

• Regular
  • I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to play a radio station based on the artist. Every article says to click on 'radio'. There is no 'radio'! All of the screenshots show what I assume is...
  • jmdesin892
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify slow and slows down other Programs

I use Windows 8.1 and I have enough RAM and space on my hard-drive. Still Spotify runs very slow, the longer I use it, the slower it gets. It sometimes takes minutes until a search is done.Additionally it slows down other programs and apps too.What c...

• I use Windows 8.1 and I have enough RAM and space on my hard-drive. Still Spotify runs very slow, the longer I use it, the slower it gets. It sometimes takes minutes until a search is done. Addition...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Win10 Media Overlay gone?

Reinstalled windows yesterday, before the reinstall the current track would show in the to left of the screen when using the media keys on my keyboard. After the reinstall this no longer shows. I also do not have an option related to this within Spot...

• Reinstalled windows yesterday, before the reinstall the current track would show in the to left of the screen when using the media keys on my keyboard. After the reinstall this no longer shows. I als...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant login to my spotify

im on my computer but cannot login

• Casual Listener
  • im on my computer but cannot login
  • right1999
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't See My Friend Activity Who Aren't My Friends on Facebook

Hey!Starting this noon, I recognized that my Spotify user friends with whom I didn't connect through my Facebook profile dropped from my Friend Activity feed. 2 of those were my close friends and I'd sometimes listen what I see they were listening on...

• Hey! Starting this noon, I recognized that my Spotify user friends with whom I didn't connect through my Facebook profile dropped from my Friend Activity feed. 2 of those were my close friends and I...
  • Lolz1231
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Local Files - Some add, some don't?

Anyone know the specifics of why a local Song will or will not add to your library? When you add a local file on the Windows desktop, I see them in the "local files" section. On the right, with the .... drop down, some have "Add to your library" and ...

• Anyone know the specifics of why a local Song will or will not add to your library?   When you add a local file on the Windows desktop, I see them in the "local files" section. ...
  • right1999
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Malware from Spotify app after new update

Hey, Ever since my Spotify app updated a few days ago, I've noticed that every so often when the app is launched, wether in use or not, I get a notification from my anti-virus software (AVG) that a malware or trojan has been quarantined and is coming...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,    Ever since my Spotify app updated a few days ago, I've noticed that every so often when the app is launched, wether in use or not, I get a notification from my anti-virus software...
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cuelgue del equipo con Windows 10

Cada vez es más habitual que se me cuelgue el PC cuando solo está funcionando Spotify. ¿Se puede saber como solucionarlo? ¿O simplemente suspendo mi suscripción?

• Casual Listener
  • Cada vez es más habitual que se me cuelgue el PC cuando solo está funcionando Spotify. ¿Se puede saber como solucionarlo? ¿O simplemente suspendo mi suscripción?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sometimes I can't pick a specific song in free spotify ON MY PC. Why?

Is this just a bug or a feature? I can't find a good list of what I am and am not supposed to be able to do on free vs. premium. Anyway, earlier today on the free version it seemed like all the ads stopped for a bit (not because of anything I did, at...

• Is this just a bug or a feature? I can't find a good list of what I am and am not supposed to be able to do on free vs. premium.   Anyway, earlier today on the free version it seemed like all ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent duplicates when liking from radio

In my "Liked from Radio" playlist there are some duplicates. Apparently when I thumb-up a song it is added even if already present (perhaps liked from another radio?).Please note that it's the SAME song (identical song link), not two different versio...

• Regular
  • In my "Liked from Radio" playlist there are some duplicates. Apparently when I thumb-up a song it is added even if already present (perhaps liked from another radio?). Please note that it's the SAME...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume is too quiet

My volume seems too quiet, i have moved the volume slider to 40% but the sound thats coming out is only half of that. Any solutions?

• My volume seems too quiet, i have moved the volume slider to 40% but the sound thats coming out is only half of that. Any solutions?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reinstall Spotify after changing user folder name

My user account name and folder name was changed, so now when I try to uninstall spotify, I get "Windows cannot find "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe". Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. Will just deleting the fo...

• My user account name and folder name was changed, so now when I try to uninstall spotify, I get "Windows cannot find "C:\Users\<Old User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe". Make sure yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change playlist recommendations from German back to English

I moved from the UK to Switzerland and have changed my account details and payment to my Swiss account. Now when I go to 'Browse', all the playlists that come up are either in German or contain German language songs (and I have no idea what they are ...

• Casual Listener
  • I moved from the UK to Switzerland and have changed my account details and payment to my Swiss account.    Now when I go to 'Browse', all the playlists that come up are either in German o...
  • dyplodocus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files

Hi,I'm currently having some issues with the local files in my desktop version of spotify (Windows). It happens that I had to change the folders in which the songs where, so I made a new connection to the folder in the settings to import the songs. B...

• Hi, I'm currently having some issues with the local files in my desktop version of spotify (Windows). It happens that I had to change the folders in which the songs where, so I made a new connection...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

Premium users should be allowed many more features than free users. Who else agrees? Also what is up with the wifi connection problem I cannot listen to to Spotify at school anymore and im sure that it is not blocked.

• Gig Goer
  • Premium users should be allowed many more features than free users. Who else agrees? Also what is up with the wifi connection problem I cannot listen to to Spotify at school anymore and im sure that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to manage my Local Files

Hello,I don´t like that Spotify has automatically copied all my local files to the Spotify / my library !! ( I didn’t use Spotify for quite a while and with opening it started to copy everything)I found out now that I can enable this by changing the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I don´t like that Spotify has automatically copied all my local files to the Spotify / my library !!  ( I didn’t use Spotify for quite a while and with opening it started to copy everyt...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded my playlist onto my computer but it's all seperate files with weird numbering

I'm on the 7 day free trial premium thing and just downloaded my playlist to my computer but when I check it out, they're all in seperate files and all numbers no song names or anything, like the screen shot below.is there anyway to fix it or can it ...

• I'm on the 7 day free trial premium thing and just downloaded my playlist to my computer but when I check it out, they're all in seperate files and all numbers no song names or anything, like the scr...
  • RiseFall123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[PC APP] Offline storage folder

Hi,here I am trying to change the folder "offline music" in my W10 app.I try it correctly and it also make subfolders in the "new" folder that I choose, but, after the reboot of Spotify app... it backs to the former folder (%appdata%\Local\etc.)!!! H...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, here I am trying to change the folder "offline music" in my W10 app. I try it correctly and it also make subfolders in the "new" folder that I choose, but, after the reboot of Spotify app... it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes