Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Listen audio on desktop and TV simultaneously

HelloI'm using Chromecast to cast Spotify audio from my desktop to my TV.But as my desktop is in a different room, I would like to have the possibility to listen Spotify on my PC at the same time other people are listening in the living room.I alread...

• Hello I'm using Chromecast to cast Spotify audio from my desktop to my TV. But as my desktop is in a different room, I would like to have the possibility to listen Spotify on my PC at the same ti...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Daily Mix cannot be started"

Every time I try to go onto any of my daily mixes I get that message and "Please try with something else" is there any way to fix this.

• Every time I try to go onto any of my daily mixes I get that message and "Please try with something else" is there any way to fix this.
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify Refuses to Open and Uninstall

I cannot open Spotify. I cannot even uninstall Spotify. I turned off Bitdefender. I tried moving the Spotify folder from Roaming/Appdata. None of those work. When I try to open Spotify my cursor shows a small period of wait/working (hourglass) then n...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot open Spotify.  I cannot even uninstall Spotify.  I turned off Bitdefender.  I tried moving the Spotify folder from Roaming/Appdata.   None of those work.  When I...
  • JRdeMiranda
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How copy track link on Spotify ?

Hello guysI'm looking easy way to copy spotify track URL.Few months ago someone here on this forum gave link to page where you only put name of the song , and page give links to all like spotify and others sources..but I can't find this post with thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys I'm looking easy way to copy spotify track URL. Few months ago someone here on this forum gave link to page where you only put name of the song , and page give links to all like spotify ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Repeat One turn itself off

I like to always have repeat one activated and now for a few weeks everytime i change song, repeat one change to Repeat All and this is the most annoying thing, is this intended and if it is...WHY? It hurt no one, if people dont want repeat one, they...

• Casual Listener
  • I like to always have repeat one activated and now for a few weeks everytime i change song, repeat one change to Repeat All and this is the most annoying thing, is this intended and if it is...WHY? I...
  • adam664
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Groove zu Spotify Frage

Guten Tag wenn ich ein Lied am Handy meiner Liste hinzufüge wird das dann, wenn ich die App von euch auf der Xbox One zb nutze syncronisert?Gibt es zu den Liedern Musik Videos?Gibt es Cloud Speicher für die Offline Songs?Gibt es eine Deutsche Hotline...

• Casual Listener
  • Guten Tag wenn ich ein Lied am Handy meiner Liste hinzufüge wird das dann, wenn ich die App von euch auf der Xbox One zb nutze syncronisert? Gibt es zu den Liedern Musik Videos? Gibt es Cloud Speic...
  • Dennis15981
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete songs without navigating to playlist?

On desktop, listening to all music and decide I want to delete one song... Is there an easy way to see what playlist it was in or a quick way to remove it from my Spotify music? I have been using Spotify for years so it is hard to navigate through th...

• Music Fan
  • On desktop, listening to all music and decide I want to delete one song... Is there an easy way to see what playlist it was in or a quick way to remove it from my Spotify music?   I have been ...
  • JamieSmall
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Orden en mis Álbumes

hola, mes gustaria poner un poco de orden en los Albumes que me guardo.estaria bien poder ordenar por la fecha en la que añadi el album

• Casual Listener
  • hola, mes gustaria poner un poco de orden en los Albumes que me guardo. estaria bien poder ordenar por la fecha en la que añadi el album
  • jjsanz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else"

I keep getting the message: "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else", even though I'm not using Spotify anywhere else. I have already clicked "log out of all devices" in the settings without any results. It is very ...

• I keep getting the message: "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else", even though I'm not using Spotify anywhere else. I have already clicked "log out of all d...
  • blazelle
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app on Windows 7 only partially in English

Hi, How can I change my spotify player application on Windows 7 to be completely in English? I happen to live in the NL but I don't speak Dutch, so I want the application completely to be in English. Please see the attached screenshot for an example ...

• Hi,   How can I change my spotify player application on Windows 7 to be completely in English? I happen to live in the NL but I don't speak Dutch, so I want the application completely to ...
  • tany3450
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't start after latest update(Windows)

Hey guys, I've got a problem. A few days ago a update notification poped up, so I instantly installed it to see all new features etc. After installing new version when I try to open Spotify, it crashes as soon as I click icon on desktop. I saw other ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I've got a problem. A few days ago a update notification poped up, so I instantly installed it to see all new features etc. After installing new version when I try to open Spotify, it c...
  • jaja_janneman
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Same playlist appears differently

Hello everyone! I have since the dawn of time worked on my playlist (currently 800+ songs) on my Spotify Free account. A while back, maybe a year or so, I got Spotify Premium on a new account. Because I hade such a large playlist I did not want to de...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone!   I have since the dawn of time worked on my playlist (currently 800+ songs) on my Spotify Free account. A while back, maybe a year or so, I got Spotify Premium on a new a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop Black Screen

Hello,I have black screen problems in spotify for some time. The application emits a sound on my post as if a window is blocked.Steps to reproduce the issue:I have unstall and install the new versionI have disable firewall and antivirusI have run mal...

• Hello, I have black screen problems in spotify for some time. The application emits a sound on my post as if a window is blocked. Steps to reproduce the issue: I have unstall and install the ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify passa e pausa as músicas sozinho

Pago o spotify premium e não consigo mais usá-lo pois ele troca de música sozinho ou as pausa também. Troquei o aparelho celular mês passado e o problema persistiu, logo, o problema não é o aparelho.Irei cancelar minha assinatura pois estou pagando p...

• Pago o spotify premium e não consigo mais usá-lo pois ele troca de música sozinho ou as pausa também. Troquei o aparelho celular mês passado e o problema persistiu, logo, o problema não é o aparelho....
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes

Volume is lowered when pausing music using Spotify Connect

HiIm new to Spotify and Im just beginning to learn how to use it. Im one of those people who used Groove and got kicked over to Spotify I have a Beoplay A6 that supports Spotify Conncet. When I pause a song using my Windows 10 Spotify app, the volume...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Im new to Spotify and Im just beginning to learn how to use it. Im one of those people who used Groove and got kicked over to Spotify 🙂 I have a Beoplay A6 that supports Spotify Conncet. When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't store preferences with the Windows 10 app after moving appdata/local

Hi, I've moved my user's AppData/local directory to another partition (D:) using Microsoft's "officially sanctioned procedure" (right-clicking on the directory, choosing the "Location" tab and moving it to a new location). This was ten days ago.I'm p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've moved my user's AppData/local directory to another partition (D:) using Microsoft's "officially sanctioned procedure" (right-clicking on the directory, choosing the "Location" tab a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on spotify not showing

I have spent the last few hours trying to figure out why some of my files on my computer are either not showing, have weird track names, random songs show up that i dont even have ect. I have tried every solution but none of them seemed to work. All ...

• I have spent the last few hours trying to figure out why some of my files on my computer are either not showing, have weird track names, random songs show up that i dont even have ect. I have tried e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: discover page redrawing/flickering on show

The discover page ( i just upgraded to windows 10 not sure if that's why or a spotify client issue) When hiding and showing the window while discover page open: The window flickers / redraws / resizes the viewport. So everything disappears then reapp...

• Visitor
  • The discover page ( i just upgraded to windows 10 not sure if that's why or a spotify client issue)   When hiding and showing the window while discover page open:   The window flickers ...
  • djde
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Followed artist doesn't appear in sidebar playlist section

Hi. So far when I follow an artist they will appear to the left under PLAYLIST. But I am following this one artist and they do not appear there no matter what I do. I unfollow and then follow again, but they don't appear there even though it shows th...

• Hi. So far when I follow an artist they will appear to the left under PLAYLIST. But I am following this one artist and they do not appear there no  matter what I do. I unfollow and then follow a...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Can't See My Activity

Hi everyone, My friends cant able the see my activity at sidebar. I looked from spotify my friend's computer to my account activity. I classified as "other friends" and there is no information about my last song etc. I opened the "share my activity a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   My friends cant able the see my activity at sidebar. I looked from spotify my friend's computer to my account activity. I classified as "other friends" and there is no informati...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes