Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files

Local files

Hello,

I'm trying to send my PC local files to my phones (IOS and Samsung) and i've searched every where but couldn't know how to do it

I did the things in my firewall and all but still nothing

Can anyone help plz ?

Thanks.

18 Replies

Hey @Hamoodi! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Please check the following:

• You're logged in to the same account on both your desktop and your mobile or tablet.
  • Your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
  • You have the latest version of the Spotify app installed (on both devices).
  • Your device's firmware is up-to-date. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hi @

@Hamoodi 

Spotify supports these formats:

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

Some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify. Do your songs have the right format in order to get played?

And have you tried reinstalling your app to see if that fixes this issue? If not here's a step by step tutorial

Pece

@

@Hamoodi 

I'm not sure that your firewall causes this.

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@

@Hamoodi 

What have you done with your firewall? And what do you mean with it worked 'with the test'?

Keep me posted!

Peace

@

@Hamoodi 

Good morning to you as well! ^^

Could you if this is happening on another Premium account? You can do this in one of two ways:

• ask a friend with a Premium account to try uploading the Local Files on your  account
  • create a new account and upgrade to Premium
    • if Local Files work on the new account, then the issue is with your old account; you can reach out to CS and they will help you transfer your content over from the old account to the new one, and then close the old one

Keep me posted! ^^

Peace

@

I don't have friends that have the paid service, i can create new one but will it accept the same card ?

I've experienced this as well. I use Spotify at work and at home.

A while ago I downloaded some songs to my phone using my work computer and it worked perfectly. Now it won't do anything.

I loaded some additional songs at home. Worked swimmingly until I accidentally closed the PC app. Reopened it and whatever connection existed between the two apps disappeared. Couldn't get it back. I haven't tried it since then, but it appears it's pretty finnicky. 

What I recommend trying is this. Boot up Spotify on the computer, then open it on your phone. On your phone, hit the download button on a playlist and see if it pulls the files. From there, you should be able to make changes on the PC and they should go to your phone. Just don't close either app until you've wrapped up what you want synced.  Good luck!!

@blahsi

I don't understand  .. u mean i hit download on any playlist even if it's not local files or u mean the playlist i made for the locals ?

Yes - just the playlists with local files. Your phone needs to download them from your PC.

Yea  i tried that but the playlists is empty already no songs in it

I am also having problems with local files, but although I can download them onto a phone fine, I cannot play them on my desktop. I have reinstalled quicktime, clean reinstalled spotify, changed priority for playing music file types, taken off acceleration, turned on/off local files except itunes, changed firewall setting both by reinstaling and going into control panel and other things i can't remember off the top of my head. I've taken so many tedious steps and still, local files won't play. I've searched this and haven't been able to find a solution. I made a post on this forum and got no replies. then i replied myself to bump it up. still no replies.

idk they need to find a way to fix this or simplify it it's really annoying

Hey @Hamoodi @2shakey

Sorry for the delay!

Please try the following:

• Connect both devices to the same mobile hotspot
  • Restart the router
  • Create a new folder to have the local files in, and try to have a couple of the tacks in the folder. Add that folder as a source, and rename the tracks to only include latin letters and space, nothing else.

And I suggest you create a separate thread because your issue sounds different @2shakey! ^^

Peace

yeah i created a new thread but no replies...do i just keep replying to my own message so people see it more often and i might get a reply?

Suggested posts