Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files

Solved!

Local files

Hi,

I'm currently having some issues with the local files in my desktop version of spotify (Windows). It happens that I had to change the folders in which the songs where, so I made a new connection to the folder in the settings to import the songs. But now I have every song two times in my list. One of them works just fine (probably the one from the new link to the new folder) while the other doesn't start at all.

It's kind of annoying having every song twice in the list, so if you know a way to fix the problem it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sito1

I think erasing local files-related file from Spotify could cure the issue. Spotify stores some information about your local files in the Spotify folder folder called local-files.bnk and here's how to find it:

1. close your Spotify client and open your Windows Explorer (file browser)

2. type %appdata% to the window, it will take you to Appdata\Roaming
3. Navigate to Spotify folder. There's another folder called Users. Inside of that is yet another folder which is named something like 1234567-user. Go into that.
4. There's the local-files.bnk file. Delete that.

This should clear out your duplicate-file issue.

Now, when you start Spotify again, it will start seeking for your local files from the location you set before.

Try this and let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Sito1

I think erasing local files-related file from Spotify could cure the issue. Spotify stores some information about your local files in the Spotify folder folder called local-files.bnk and here's how to find it:

1. close your Spotify client and open your Windows Explorer (file browser)

2. type %appdata% to the window, it will take you to Appdata\Roaming
3. Navigate to Spotify folder. There's another folder called Users. Inside of that is yet another folder which is named something like 1234567-user. Go into that.
4. There's the local-files.bnk file. Delete that.

This should clear out your duplicate-file issue.

Now, when you start Spotify again, it will start seeking for your local files from the location you set before.

Try this and let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts