Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify Skips around like a cd

About every 10 seconds. Only on Chance The Rapper Songs. nothing else.

• About every 10 seconds. Only on Chance The Rapper Songs. nothing else.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple spotify.exe process

Hello Why there are multiple Spotify.exe processes? Why not just one? I killed them one by one but they kept coming back.

• Visitor
  • Hello   Why there are multiple Spotify.exe processes? Why not just one? I killed them one by one but they kept coming back.      
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app and iPhone app play different versions of the same song

The song in question is "Bloodwork" by 36 Crazyfists on the album titled "A Snow Capped Romance." This is the only song I've encountered with this problem. There are two versions of the song that were recorded, one with harsh vocals in the middle and...

• Visitor
  • The song in question is "Bloodwork" by 36 Crazyfists on the album titled "A Snow Capped Romance." This is the only song I've encountered with this problem. There are two versions of the song that wer...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

window scaling issue on awkward resolution

Hi Spoitfy Team! This happened when I maximized Spotify.The below screenshot is from a 2048x1152 resolution screen, made with the built-in windows snipping tool using the window snip mode. The only modification I made to the image are my magical oran...

• Hi Spoitfy Team!   This happened when I maximized Spotify. The below screenshot is from a 2048x1152 resolution screen, made with the built-in windows snipping tool using the window snip ...
  • jessep60
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't match my local files when listening on work computer

On my Mac at home, I imported my iTunes playlists into Spotify. Everything plays just fine on that computer (presumably) because the files are all there locally. However when I use the web or desktop version of Spotify on my computer at work, NONE of...

• Gig Goer
  • On my Mac at home, I imported my iTunes playlists into Spotify. Everything plays just fine on that computer (presumably) because the files are all there locally.   However when I use the web...
  • Novantique
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Lag

Since i purchased premium ive been getting internet lag when i start up spotify or skip a song,im not sure if it has to do with premium but its really annoying

• Casual Listener
  • Since i purchased premium ive been getting internet lag when i start up spotify or skip a song,im not sure if it has to do with premium but its really annoying
  • Brazzenn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Complaining about full drive, with 95Gb free

I have choosen a folder on my D drive for downloads (offline listening) But when im trying to download the playlists it complains about full drive... I HAVE 95GB FREE!!!!! I had 6Gb free on my C drive before starting to download and now its full. IT ...

• Regular
  • I have choosen a folder on my D drive for downloads (offline listening) But when im trying to download the playlists it complains about full drive... I HAVE 95GB FREE!!!!! I had 6Gb free on my C driv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Win32 Store app vs generic download

Hello!I'm just wondering how many versions the Win32 Windows Store app (which I noticed about 15 minutes ago) will be behind the main update channel? Mainly, would it be updated as frequently as the "restart spotify to install update" prompt?Thanks!

• Music Fan
  • Hello! I'm just wondering how many versions the Win32 Windows Store app (which I noticed about 15 minutes ago) will be behind the main update channel? Mainly, would it be updated as frequently as ...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get Spotify to get the album art or the artist from Windows Media Player

I'm trying to import a song from Windows Media Player, and it won't add the album art or the artist. I downloaded an mp3 file, and basically put it into Windows Media Player. I then added the artist, album art, album title and everything else. When I...

• I'm trying to import a song from Windows Media Player, and it won't add the album art or the artist. I downloaded an mp3 file, and basically put it into Windows Media Player. I then added the artist,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Network Interface Prioritization (updated)

So I've had this problem with my Sonos speakers not showing up in Spotify for Windows. Reached out to Sonos Support on their community forums where a representative pinpointed the problem to my VPN. When I disconnect from VPN the Sonos speakers show ...

• So I've had this problem with my Sonos speakers not showing up in Spotify for Windows. Reached out to Sonos Support on their community forums where a representative pinpointed the problem to my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't use high quality. I'm premium

HiI'm a premium and I can't use high quality. I tried to put it but I can't. Can you help me?PS: Sorry for the Italian hehe

Cattura.PNG
  • Hi I'm a premium and I can't use high quality. I tried to put it but I can't. Can you help me? PS: Sorry for the Italian hehe
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete songs from my "songs" tab

I recently added 3 songs from my local file to my spotify songs list. I've then wanted to delete them as they're not able to be downloaded to my phone. But no matter what I do, those songs can't be deleted and the greyed songs really irritates me on ...

• I recently added 3 songs from my local file to my spotify songs list. I've then wanted to delete them as they're not able to be downloaded to my phone. But no matter what I do, those songs can't be d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs don't sync

Hi,After the last few PC updates the songs in my PC do not synchronize with the ones on my mobile phone anymore.The following does not help:Restart the PC programRestart the PCLogout from SpotifyWhat helps:Uninstall and reinstall SpotifyThe Phone is ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, After the last few PC updates the songs in my PC do not synchronize with the ones on my mobile phone anymore. The following does not help: Restart the PC program Restart the PC Logout from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio stations on desktop and iPhone not synced

This is kind of hard to explain. I have a radio station of an artist which I play on both my iPhone and my laptop (Windows). I just found out though that these stations are separate on each device, running parallel to each other. i.e. a song that is ...

• This is kind of hard to explain.  I have a radio station of an artist which I play on both my iPhone and my laptop (Windows).  I just found out though that these stations are separate on ea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Descarga de Playlist

Soy usuario de spotify premium y he creado playlists con música de spotify más música local ( de mi disco rígido). La cuestión es que decidi descagar las canciones de las Playlist y se me descargaron todas salvo de una sola playlist que contiene alre...

• Soy usuario de spotify premium y he creado playlists con música de spotify más música local ( de mi disco rígido). La cuestión es que decidi descagar las canciones de las Playlist y se me descargaron...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont connect to any SONOS devices ? help please

My ipad and iphone have been connected to my spotify account since I joined, never logged out, last wednesday came home and went to play some music on spotify through my SONOS system. I was logged out on both devices ? coudnt log on, went on online h...

• My ipad and iphone have been connected to my spotify account since I joined, never logged out, last wednesday came home and went to play some music on spotify through my SONOS system. I was logged ou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available

Get this stupid message on some songs saying that the song isn't available and that I can locate it on my device if I want. But the songs on spotify, it's not saved locally. WHY IS THERE NO WAY FOR ME TO EASILY CONTACT A SUPPORT LINE TO GET HELP SO I...

• Casual Listener
  • Get this stupid message on some songs saying that the song isn't available and that I can locate it on my device if I want. But the songs on spotify, it's not saved locally.     WHY IS T...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot open Spotify links

Hey. I've been having this problem where I cannot open Spotify links (like this one: open.spotify.com/user/caaakeeey/playlist/6QAKnenuZoowNqxRzZbeRg). Whenever I do, I get an address invalid error (this). I have tried:Reinstalling SpotifyMaking sure ...

• Hey. I've been having this problem where I cannot open Spotify links (like this one: open.spotify.com/user/caaakeeey/playlist/6QAKnenuZoowNqxRzZbeRg). Whenever I do, I get an address invalid err...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Add Local Files to Library over Local Network

I have a server PC (windows 10) at home and it has my library of thousands of my own ripped CD's and other music, all legitimate and in the correct format. I'd like to include these in my "Local Files" in spotify on my main Windows 10 desktop. I clic...

• I have a server PC (windows 10) at home and it has my library of thousands of my own ripped CD's and other music, all legitimate and in the correct format.  I'd like to include these in my "Loca...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify will only play three songs in my Songs tab no matter what I do!

I'm a blind user doing my best to work with the desktop app for Spotify. I use the NVDA screen-reader. When I first started using Spotify earlier this year, I could access the albums and artists I had saved to my personal music, but an update about a...

• Music Fan
  • I'm a blind user doing my best to work with the desktop app for Spotify. I use the NVDA screen-reader. When I first started using Spotify earlier this year, I could access the albums and artists I ha...
  • the_imaginatrix
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes