Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Error 117 since update

Hello, Since i updated Spotify windows client, i get an error message at every attempt of connexion, altought the software is not blocked by any firewall. Thaks for your help

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   Since i updated Spotify windows client, i get an error message at every attempt of connexion, altought the software is not blocked by any firewall.   Thaks for your help
  • joaquimabc
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i remove songs from albums?

I added an album to the "Your Music" Albums section. I then open the album. I am unable to delete tracks from this album. If I save the album as a playlist then I can of course remove them, but then they are no longer in the "Albums" section. This is...

• Regular
  • I added an album to the "Your Music" Albums section. I then open the album. I am unable to delete tracks from this album. If I save the album as a playlist then I can of course remove them, but then ...
  • pathbrae
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

When will the songs on Maroon 5s album Overexposed be available in Sweden?

Since nobody can really explain to me why an album's that have been available for at least a year suddenly stops being available, while I might add the commentary on the songs are still available, I'd like to know when the whole album - songs and com...

• Casual Listener
  • Since nobody can really explain to me why an album's that have been available for at least a year suddenly stops being available, while I might add the commentary on the songs are still available, I'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do tracks from albums by Various Artists save to Various Artists rather than to their artists?

I'm curious as to why saved music is dependent on the album creator rather than the track creator in Your Music > Artists. I can understand why, if you saved the entire album, you'd want it to appear under Various Artists rather than making a mess of...

• I'm curious as to why saved music is dependent on the album creator rather than the track creator in Your Music > Artists. I can understand why, if you saved the entire album, you'd want it to app...
  • Lukas1184
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Do activity sharing preferences affect statistics on your profile?

If I change my preferences so that I'm not sharing my activity with Spotify followers, will the statistics on my profile (top artists, playlists) still change to reflect my current music taste, or will they just remain static or disappear after a whi...

• Music Fan
  • If I change my preferences so that I'm not sharing my activity with Spotify followers, will the statistics on my profile (top artists, playlists) still change to reflect my current music taste, or wi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem notifications new album

Bonjour à tous. Je me permets de vous écrire afin de soulever un problème d'utilisation lié à mon compte Spotify Premium. Je suis aujourd'hui abonné (fonctionnalité "Suivi") à plus de 240 artistes, ceci dans le seul but d'être tenu informé des nouvea...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour à tous. Je me permets de vous écrire afin de soulever un problème d'utilisation lié à mon compte Spotify Premium.   Je suis aujourd'hui abonné (fonctionnalité "Suivi") à plus de 24...
  • tamtam34
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Starring Songs with TuneWiki

Use the tunewiki app click the tiny star next to the song title and it will move automatically to your starred folder

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 10.46.26 PM.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Use the tunewiki app click the tiny star next to the song title and it will move automatically to your starred folder  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played empty

I have looked been searching for a resolution to my problem, but can't find anything. 1) There is not any content under my Recently Played Artists and my activity is not showing up in feeds. My settings are set for my activity to show, but nothing is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have looked been searching for a resolution to my problem, but can't find anything.   1) There is not any content under my Recently Played Artists and my activity is not showing up in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account hacked

Somebody has hacked my spotify account and changed my email address to their own and changed my password. I can't change the password back because it keeps asking me for current password (i do not know this because the hacker set it) and sending a pa...

• Somebody has hacked my spotify account and changed my email address to their own and changed my password. I can't change the password back because it keeps asking me for current password (i do not kn...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has changed a song to a spanish cover version

Hello! I logged onto spotify, and started to play the album Franz Ferdinand, by Franz Ferdinand. Suddenly, when it reached "The dark of the matinée", the original version didn't play, but instead a spanish cover version. I simply cannot get the origi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I logged onto spotify, and started to play the album Franz Ferdinand, by Franz Ferdinand.  Suddenly, when it reached "The dark of the matinée", the original version didn't pl...
  • henrikfolleso
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Spotify?

Okay, I'll try this again (I thought for sure I posted a message about this, but in my posts lists I don't see one -- it's heck to get old). I'm about a week away from the end of my free Premium trial and at this point I can't see any reason to conti...

• Regular
  • Okay, I'll try this again (I thought for sure I posted a message about this, but in my posts lists I don't see one -- it's heck to get old).   I'm about a week away from the end of my free P...
  • Kelleytoons
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

my speaker icon is covered by advertisement..

Anyone know how to uncover the icon so I can adjust the speaker volume? Image attached showing the ad... have tried refreshing...restarting... changing zoom in and out... nothing works...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone know how to uncover the icon so I can adjust the speaker volume?  Image attached showing the ad... have tried refreshing...restarting... changing zoom in and out... nothing works...
  • nate2051
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash on launch

When launching spotify it crashes about 1-3 seconds after.. Any ideas as to why? And how to fix it? This happened recently, and does not happen when using older versions.Any help would be much obliged.

• When launching spotify it crashes about 1-3 seconds after.. Any ideas as to why? And how to fix it? This happened recently, and does not happen when using older versions. Any help would be much ob...
  • pmann
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Play Button not working

A lot of the buttons does not respong when i click them with my finger. Sometimes I dont have my mouse with me, and a simple thing as allowing us to click using touch should definitely work. I consider this a serious bug. Using Windows 8 with a touch...

• A lot of the buttons does not respong when i click them with my finger. Sometimes I dont have my mouse with me, and a simple thing as allowing us to click using touch should definitely work. I consid...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeking understanding of local file upload with my new acct.

im trying to grasp the local file bit on spotify. ive just recently downloaded the program and upon my first glance around i noticed "local files" being synced to my acct. what is this? is it simular to torrent seeding? does it allow any ccess to fil...

• im trying to grasp the local file bit on spotify. ive just recently downloaded the program and upon my first glance around i noticed "local files" being synced to my acct.  what is this? is it...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Discover" language problem

Hi. I set english language in the Desktop App (http://screencloud.net/v/Ck1o) but in "Discover" I got suggestions in spanish (http://screencloud.net/v/1h6). In the web app I have the same issue (http://screencloud.net/v/9VPa). I want have suggestions...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.     I set english language in the Desktop App (http://screencloud.net/v/Ck1o) but in "Discover" I got suggestions in spanish (http://screencloud.net/v/1h6). In the web app I ...
  • pablomassa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify won't play after removing headset

After I remove my USB headset spotify won't play music until I restart it. For example, I play a song over my speakers and plug in my headset. The music automaticaly will start playing on the headset. However after I remove the headset the musics sto...

• Not applicable
  • After I remove my USB headset spotify won't play music until I restart it.   For example, I play a song over my speakers and plug in my headset. The music automaticaly will start playing on ...
  • Hutch1377
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Veröffentlichung einer Playlist nicht möglich

Hi,folgendes Problem:Ich kann eine bestimmte Playlist nicht veröffentlichen. Das "Veröffentlichen" ist einfach ausgegraut. Das ist allerdings meine wichtigste Playlist... Mir ist noch aufgefallen, dass das Offline-Verfügbar-Symbol da irgendwie anders...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, folgendes Problem: Ich kann eine bestimmte Playlist nicht veröffentlichen. Das "Veröffentlichen" ist einfach ausgegraut. Das ist allerdings meine wichtigste Playlist... Mir ist noch aufg...
  • Dieselfahrer96
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

the wood brothers smoke ring halo

Some of the tracks off this album skip around and click and im pretty sure there's other albums/songs with the Skippy problem as well . Also there's another band on the wood brothers page also (the wood brothers) that should be on a different page . ...

• Some of the tracks off this album skip around and click and im pretty sure there's other albums/songs with the Skippy problem  as well  . Also there's another band on the wood brothers pa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook problems/ Billing twice

Hi, I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what I now have is one account which is the original, is on my phon...

• Hi,   I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes