Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Skipping all songs, 'song not available'

Hi there! My spotify on my desktop abruptly isn't working at all today. I cannot listen to any songs in my existing playlists (as I've done many times before) or through browsing. Whenever I click on a song it says 'This song is not available. If you...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   My spotify on my desktop abruptly isn't working at all today. I cannot listen to any songs in my existing playlists (as I've done many times before) or through browsing.   W...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Linking local files to catgalogue

So I've had local files for a long time, and I could add them in my library as music linked to the Spotify catalogue just as usual, but today I started cleaning up a bit (I had the same album split into two different parts, etc...) and when I tried t...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've had local files for a long time, and I could add them in my library as music linked to the Spotify catalogue just as usual, but today I started cleaning up a bit (I had the same album split i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Improper version update for Windows 10 app

The Windows app store tells me that v1.57.332.0. is available. I update and end up with v1.0.56.505. Now the store says I'm up to date with v1.57.332.0. Why such a discrepancy in versioning?

• Roadie
  • The Windows app store tells me that v1.57.332.0. is available.   I update and end up with v1.0.56.505.  Now the store says I'm up to date with v1.57.332.0.   Why such a discrepancy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop and Mobile not scrobbling for LastFM

I recently got Spotify Premium (and recently updated Spotify on Desktop) today and it's not scrobbling at all. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting and reinstalling and it's not working. Moreover, I use Spotify on iOS and I don't I remember it ever ...

• I recently got Spotify Premium (and recently updated Spotify on Desktop) today and it's not scrobbling at all. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting and reinstalling and it's not working. Moreover, I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reinstalls every time you restart windows 10.

It is time to fix this embarrassing problem that you have had with the installer for at least 1 year. Every time i start Spotify after a reboot of my windows 10 machines the installer kicks in and reinstalls. This is a really enjoying and stupid erro...

• Casual Listener
  • It is time to fix this embarrassing problem that you have had with the installer for at least 1 year. Every time i start Spotify after a reboot of my windows 10 machines the installer kicks in and re...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify crashes when trying to play all playlists in a folder

I know this used to work perfectly fine since I've made several folders with mutliple playlists. But now whenever I click the play button on a folder, the program crashes. I'm using the most recent version of Spotify, so this is clearly a new bug.Thi...

• Music Fan
  • I know this used to work perfectly fine since I've made several folders with mutliple playlists. But now whenever I click the play button on a folder, the program crashes. I'm using the most recent v...
  • starfunkl
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard shortcut for Spotify connect volume?

Hi, Is there a keyboard shortcut for increasing and decreasing volume whilst using Spotify Connect from the Windows desktop application? Thanks

• Visitor
  • Hi,   Is there a keyboard shortcut for increasing and decreasing volume whilst using Spotify Connect from the Windows desktop application?   Thanks
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"next song playing" Pop up thing

Hello,when i change song or use volume buttons on my windows 10 computer a little spotfiy pop up appears telling what song is playing, is there a way to remove that? its a little annoyying

• Hello, when i change song or use volume buttons on my windows 10 computer a little spotfiy pop up appears telling what song is playing, is there a way to remove that? its a little annoyying 
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Skips around like a cd

About every 10 seconds. Only on Chance The Rapper Songs. nothing else.

• About every 10 seconds. Only on Chance The Rapper Songs. nothing else.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple spotify.exe process

Hello Why there are multiple Spotify.exe processes? Why not just one? I killed them one by one but they kept coming back.

• Visitor
  • Hello   Why there are multiple Spotify.exe processes? Why not just one? I killed them one by one but they kept coming back.      
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app and iPhone app play different versions of the same song

The song in question is "Bloodwork" by 36 Crazyfists on the album titled "A Snow Capped Romance." This is the only song I've encountered with this problem. There are two versions of the song that were recorded, one with harsh vocals in the middle and...

• Visitor
  • The song in question is "Bloodwork" by 36 Crazyfists on the album titled "A Snow Capped Romance." This is the only song I've encountered with this problem. There are two versions of the song that wer...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

window scaling issue on awkward resolution

Hi Spoitfy Team! This happened when I maximized Spotify.The below screenshot is from a 2048x1152 resolution screen, made with the built-in windows snipping tool using the window snip mode. The only modification I made to the image are my magical oran...

• Hi Spoitfy Team!   This happened when I maximized Spotify. The below screenshot is from a 2048x1152 resolution screen, made with the built-in windows snipping tool using the window snip ...
  • jessep60
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't match my local files when listening on work computer

On my Mac at home, I imported my iTunes playlists into Spotify. Everything plays just fine on that computer (presumably) because the files are all there locally. However when I use the web or desktop version of Spotify on my computer at work, NONE of...

• Gig Goer
  • On my Mac at home, I imported my iTunes playlists into Spotify. Everything plays just fine on that computer (presumably) because the files are all there locally.   However when I use the web...
  • Novantique
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Lag

Since i purchased premium ive been getting internet lag when i start up spotify or skip a song,im not sure if it has to do with premium but its really annoying

• Casual Listener
  • Since i purchased premium ive been getting internet lag when i start up spotify or skip a song,im not sure if it has to do with premium but its really annoying
  • Brazzenn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Complaining about full drive, with 95Gb free

I have choosen a folder on my D drive for downloads (offline listening) But when im trying to download the playlists it complains about full drive... I HAVE 95GB FREE!!!!! I had 6Gb free on my C drive before starting to download and now its full. IT ...

• Regular
  • I have choosen a folder on my D drive for downloads (offline listening) But when im trying to download the playlists it complains about full drive... I HAVE 95GB FREE!!!!! I had 6Gb free on my C driv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Win32 Store app vs generic download

Hello!I'm just wondering how many versions the Win32 Windows Store app (which I noticed about 15 minutes ago) will be behind the main update channel? Mainly, would it be updated as frequently as the "restart spotify to install update" prompt?Thanks!

• Music Fan
  • Hello! I'm just wondering how many versions the Win32 Windows Store app (which I noticed about 15 minutes ago) will be behind the main update channel? Mainly, would it be updated as frequently as ...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get Spotify to get the album art or the artist from Windows Media Player

I'm trying to import a song from Windows Media Player, and it won't add the album art or the artist. I downloaded an mp3 file, and basically put it into Windows Media Player. I then added the artist, album art, album title and everything else. When I...

• I'm trying to import a song from Windows Media Player, and it won't add the album art or the artist. I downloaded an mp3 file, and basically put it into Windows Media Player. I then added the artist,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Network Interface Prioritization (updated)

So I've had this problem with my Sonos speakers not showing up in Spotify for Windows. Reached out to Sonos Support on their community forums where a representative pinpointed the problem to my VPN. When I disconnect from VPN the Sonos speakers show ...

• So I've had this problem with my Sonos speakers not showing up in Spotify for Windows. Reached out to Sonos Support on their community forums where a representative pinpointed the problem to my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't use high quality. I'm premium

HiI'm a premium and I can't use high quality. I tried to put it but I can't. Can you help me?PS: Sorry for the Italian hehe

Cattura.PNG
  • Hi I'm a premium and I can't use high quality. I tried to put it but I can't. Can you help me? PS: Sorry for the Italian hehe
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete songs from my "songs" tab

I recently added 3 songs from my local file to my spotify songs list. I've then wanted to delete them as they're not able to be downloaded to my phone. But no matter what I do, those songs can't be deleted and the greyed songs really irritates me on ...

• I recently added 3 songs from my local file to my spotify songs list. I've then wanted to delete them as they're not able to be downloaded to my phone. But no matter what I do, those songs can't be d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes