Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Hide when Minimized on Taskbar (Windows 8)

Windows 8 - Is the option gone to hide Spotify on the taskbar when minimized?

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 8 - Is the option gone to hide Spotify on the taskbar when minimized? 
  • stefan0
  • Regular
  • 83 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 83 replies
  • 4 likes

People can't see what I listen to, but I can see them

For some reason my followers cannot see what I've been listening to, even with the option "Share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" enabled and Private session disabled. I can always see what the people I'm following are l...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason my followers cannot see what I've been listening to, even with the option "Share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" enabled and Private session disabled. I...
  • khamerst
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify behind a https proxy

Hi, At work I am using Spotify connected by a https proxy. It seems Spotify does not like this kind of connection as the following is broken: Browse (only the loading gif shows here) Discover (no images shown) Artist overview page (no images in album...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   At work I am using Spotify connected by a https proxy. It seems Spotify does not like this kind of connection as the following is broken:   Browse (only the loading gif show...
  • daaim0
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! HELP - Can't Open/Install Apps With Spotify

Hi there. My computer is running on Windows 7 x64. My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I click on "Open In Spotify" my sporitfy player pops up and shows me the fo...

Error.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • Hi there.  My computer is running on Windows 7 x64.   My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I cl...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! How To Change Destination Folder For Saved Music?

Hi there! Well, at first I'd like to know where spotify stores those songs I made I saved / chose to be available in offline mode. Well, I might have overdone it a bit with saving music. So now my hard disk is full. So now I deleted all songs from th...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi there!   Well, at first I'd like to know where spotify stores those songs I made I saved / chose to be available in offline mode. Well, I might have overdone it a bit with saving music. S...
  • akorpija
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Always on top

When I use the Spotify client on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, it seems to be stuck in an 'always on top' mode. I can't Alt-Tab to other applications, or click on them in the taskbar. I have to minimize Spotify first, and then I can do everything else norm...

• When I use the Spotify client on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, it seems to be stuck in an 'always on top' mode. I can't Alt-Tab to other applications, or click on them in the taskbar. I have to minimize Sp...
  • edwardoiv
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Description?

Hej Ladies, it seems to me that soem Playlist have fancy descriptions - i have just that "with artist a b c d". Where can i change that? Greetings!

• Casual Listener
  • Hej Ladies,   it seems to me that soem Playlist have fancy descriptions - i have just that "with artist a b c d". Where can i change that?   Greetings!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Friends not showing up in Following

I have a non-Facebook account and I follow a number of friends. I see their activity in my feed (on the right hand side), but when I go to Follow then they are not there. And when I go to Activity, it says: It feels lonely here.

• Roadie
  • I have a non-Facebook account and I follow a number of friends. I see their activity in my feed (on the right hand side), but when I go to Follow then they are not there. And when I go to Activity, i...
  • Shubhs108
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP! Screen blank on main pages, can't search!

Help! I am horribly frustrated and have done everything I can. My spotify just doesnt work. It will not display any image or anything on the search or discover or home pages. That means I have my playlists as they are, and cannot add music to them be...

issue.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Help!   I am horribly frustrated and have done everything I can. My spotify just doesnt work. It will not display any image or anything on the search or discover or home pages. That means I ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio selection totally blows

Started a Techno radio station and spent the next hour thumbs-downing all the indie/alternative, hobbit soundtrack, lil' john and one republic track that it produced before giving up and re-subbing to pandora.

• Started a Techno radio station and spent the next hour thumbs-downing all the indie/alternative, hobbit soundtrack, lil' john and one republic track that it produced before giving up and re-subbing t...
  • drewtang14
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Apps / plugins after Update to latest version 1.0.1.805.gd2412973

After updating to the latest version all my plugins are gone, e.g. musicmatch etc. They are just not visible any more. I downloaded the official installer and they were all back again. However the installer is obviously NOT the latest version, becaus...

• Roadie
  • After updating to the latest version all my plugins are gone, e.g. musicmatch etc. They are just not visible any more. I downloaded the official installer and they were all back again. However the ...
  • hcmc
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Gapless on google chrome

I can't find anywhere to set up gapless when I use chrome. It works on my other computers tablets and iPhone.

• I can't find anywhere to set up gapless when I use chrome. It works on my other computers tablets and iPhone.
  • furdeal
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

tracks not working

okay so i was listening to spotify free on my pc with my playlist going while doing homework when it stopped playing music so i clicked into the program and it was paused. i pressed play then when it stopped a few seconds into the song again i notice...

• Casual Listener
  • okay so i was listening to spotify free on my pc with my playlist going while doing homework when it stopped playing music so i clicked into the program and it was paused. i pressed play then when it...
  • ShadowWolf280
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Windows player Discovery screen frozen display

Hello! After the recent update, the discovery screen appears to freeze up graphically on my computer. I can still click links that are 'invisible' and even scroll down and things seem to move by (although I don't see any change except that my mouse p...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   After the recent update, the discovery screen appears to freeze up graphically on my computer. I can still click links that are 'invisible' and even scroll down and things seem to m...
  • zarza87
  • 68 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 68 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Older versions of Spotify client (Full Install)

,==================================================================== | | Welcome to Spotify for Windows Archive by: neo-x | '==================================================================== I have been collecting Spotify versions to the archive ...

• Community Legend
  • ,==================================================================== | | Welcome to Spotify for Windows Archive by: neo-x | '==================================================================== I ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! Disable loudness normalization

In the latest update this feature was removed and i'm asking why? I almost immediately noticed the difference. Because now what the loudness compressing is doing, it makes EDM tracks more muddier (lower treble), more loose (lower bass) making them bl...

• Music Fan
  • In the latest update this feature was removed and i'm asking why?  I almost immediately noticed the difference.   Because now what the loudness compressing is doing, it makes EDM tr...
  • heyspotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save Button Not Working

After a recent update the Save button no longer works. I click Save on an album and the icon for each track doesn't change. When I check "Your Music" the album is not there. Has anyone else come across this?

• After a recent update the Save button no longer works.  I click Save on an album and the icon for each track doesn't change.  When I check "Your Music" the album is not there.  Has any...
  • alcumming
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! No more Library?

I'm not really sure when to post this. My spotify just auto updated to the new look and I noticed there is no Library anymore. This is a bit of a issue since thats what I mainly use to listen to my music because I have a bunch of songs that are not l...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not really sure when to post this. My spotify just auto updated to the new look and I noticed there is no Library anymore. This is a bit of a issue since thats what I mainly use to listen to my m...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 58 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 58 replies
  • 10 likes

Songs on playlist getting cut off

All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?

• All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?
  • TDanino
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Wrong song on pick [BUG]

Picking a song, but the wrong song is played. For an example pick Eminem - Business and instead Eminem - 3 a.m. is playing.

Bug.jpg
  • Regular
  • Picking a song, but the wrong song is played.   For an example pick Eminem - Business and instead Eminem - 3 a.m. is playing.      
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod